Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HR Derby

Default HR Derby

Who ya got? The new bracket format has made it fun to watch again. Pulling for Freddie but don’t see him doing much. He doesn’t even hit homers in BP anymore.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

I know first round is almost over, but being a Cubs fan I gotta go with Schwarber. If o had to pick Baez or Schwarber it was gonna be Schwarbs anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Harper hit some bombs the first go round. With that violent of a swing it's a wonder he ever makes a lineup.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

That Muncy kid from the Dodgers looked to be the most consistent

Phillies in the house
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Spoke to soon!

Wow that was fun to watch
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

Gave it a good run. I really like this timed format compared to the old one where guys would watch 4 pitches in a row sometimes.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Fuck Bryce Harper.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    I really like this timed format compared to the old one where guys would watch 4 pitches in a row sometimes.
    I agree. The new format makes it fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Fuck Bryce Harper.
    x2

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

my sister n law took my son to see it. she lives right outside of DC. somehow he ended up with a HR ball, sent me a text picture of him with it late last night. looking forward to getting the details of how he got it, since our DVR service was interrupted by last night's storm.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleSprig View Post
    my sister n law took my son to see it. she lives right outside of DC. somehow he ended up with a HR ball, sent me a text picture of him with it late last night. looking forward to getting the details of how he got it, since our DVR service was interrupted by last night's storm.
    That's awesome.

With the bombs they were hitting last night lots of folks walked out with balls. Not to mention those that were foul.

What's the beef with Harper?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Have you ever seen how he acts?

He thinks his shit doesnt stink and pitches fits like a baby, atleast thats the way it comes off to me. The joker is batting a whopping .214 this year and is sub .300 for his career. I wish Mike Trout got half the coverage Harper does.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Have you ever seen how he acts?

He thinks his shit doesnt stink and pitches fits like a baby, atleast thats the way it comes off to me. The joker is batting a whopping .214 this year and is sub .300 for his career. I wish Mike Trout got half the coverage Harper does.
    Honestly no, I never really paid attention to him. All I know is has fabulous hair and that he's a good hitter, even though his numbers don't necessarily reflect it this season. He does strike me as the LeBron of MLB, a prima donna.

I too wish Trout was in the limelight more. I feel he's the best all around player in baseball and has been in the league like 7 years. He's well on his way to becoming a first ballot Hall of Famer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Honestly no, I never really paid attention to him. All I know is has fabulous hair and that he's a good hitter, even though his numbers don't necessarily reflect it this season. He does strike me as the LeBron of MLB, a prima donna.

I too wish Trout was in the limelight more. I feel he's the best all around player in baseball and has been in the league like 7 years. He's well on his way to becoming a first ballot Hall of Famer.

Harpers been in the league working on 7 years. Hes hit over .300 just twice. Trout is working on his 8th year and has hit over .300 all but 3 years. Those three years he hit .220 (rookie year), then .287 and .299. Trouts glove is light years better than Harpers as well imo. Im a believer that ESPN makes people believe Harper is much better than he actually is.

In regards to last night's HR Derby there is a lot of chatter on the social media about Harper and his dad cheating so that he could win.

The rules state that the ball must touch the ground before the next pitch can be delivered. In the final minute Bryce's dad wasn't waiting for the ball to land before sending another ball towards home plate.
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 07-17-2018 at 12:45 PM.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?