Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bottom Fish

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    Ready for it to open up. Talk of an August Season with 3 day weekends. Attachment 37165
    Been marking spots for it. Throwing those big ones back hurts your feelings.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

They like it to open when Hurricane season is really cranking up
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    Ready for it to open up. Talk of an August Season with 3 day weekends. Attachment 37165
    It'll be November like last year.

Quote Originally Posted by lil 2 sleepy View Post
    It'll be November like last year.
    I heard September.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

We were catching them 3 at a time in January. Last time I went bottom fishing. Commercial fisherman are probably catching their limits in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by lil 2 sleepy View Post
    Why you going all the way to 190’. I can catch bliners like that in 75. #findcloserspots
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    #hooklineandsinker
    Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    Its funny that there are dumbasses that think people were caught by this post... Can't even be sarcastic anymore
    Uh huh.

Commercial can keep them? What is the limit? Quota? Etc per boat? Is their an allotment similar to the Gulf?
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

Looks like it changed from the last time I looked. You can tell its been a while. They opened commercial and just set an ACL so I guess they just stopped the season when they felt like it. I'm sure the commercial will get a free for all while we get a couple weekends.

Capture.JPG

I like snapper more than grouper. I like hogfish more than snapper.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Red Snapper makes damn good sashimi.

I do like a whole grilled bliner, and I like bsb, a lot. I really like trigger fish. I will eat the tar out of a fresh caught Spanish and not complain. Smaller kingfish are okay.. Dolphin is okay, I think because they're pretty is the reason why they get all of the accolades. I'm fine with nuggeting and frying dolphin. There can be something as too much tuna. Oh, and wahoo, I like wahoo. Just as long as some asshole isn't cooking it. An asshole will cook it just to the point that it's over done, and there's a line with wahoo..

If you overcook wahoo or tuna, you won't eat much of it

I mean you could make a dip or spread out of it or something... they both would need mayonnaise.. and capers.

Thanksgiving day about 10 years ago, my brothers and I ran out to the 65' hole with a box of cigar minnows. We caught a handful of 12 to 15lb kingfish. We cut the sides out, cut the loins into 2" sections, rolled them in flour, boiled them in hot grease, and then tossed them in buffalo sauce. Best kingfish I've ever eaten.

The last one I ate I'm sure is one that I caught so that's been a few years. I did eat some spanish a week or so back.. but I try not to be snotty in real life.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 07-16-2018 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Uh huh.
    You must be the one suckered in captain. I’m fully aware of what those are and how to catch them

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Never had hogfish but have heard it's great. Fresh grouper is my favorite, followed closely by fresh seared tuna. Wahoo cooked correctly is very good too.

Ate wahoo Sunday.. When I'm cooking it for my wife I have to bring it closer than I like, these chunks were steaked out pretty thick. And she seems to like sauce on every piece of fish.

20180714_200908.jpg

Is that hollandaise?

beurre blanc