Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deer

I hope the one with the big nose leaves and is the only deer CottonRabbit gets on his camera come September.

I've found about 50% or bucks scatter and the others don't change up their home base.

No telling what they do,they're wild.ive had deer in the past on camera all summer and continue into the season.then I killed a pretty good one 2 years ago that I'd never seen ever.he showed up in October on camera and I ended up getting him in december.8 point.jpg88 point.jpg
    The price is firm.

This deer was killed on 100acre track of land and had many trail camera pictures of him for years. He died about 30 yds from where the pictures were taken. Once again as i stated before, getting in and getting out are the keys to any property when you have a big deer in the area. If you hunt it to hard or enter in the wrong way the yes, you will run off mature deer on the property . But if you are smart and know his core traveling areas and dont bother them then he will more than likely hang around for the most part.

Also he was killed on november 21

I agree with you,I didnt kill that deer until I backed off a bit.changed my entry up and set up just 80 yards back from where I was.killed him the first sit.the thing was bedding pretty close to my original stand location.he would come walking down the hill 10 min after I got out of the tree.he had to be hearing the climber go up and down the tree.
    The price is firm.

Quote Originally Posted by josh 10 View Post
    I agree with you,I didnt kill that deer until I backed off a bit.changed my entry up and set up just 80 yards back from where I was.killed him the first sit.the thing was bedding pretty close to my original stand location.he would come walking down the hill 10 min after I got out of the tree.he had to be hearing the climber go up and down the tree.
    Hit the nail on the head. You backed your stand out and then killed him. If you are bow hunting only then stand placement is a whole nother topic but when gun hunting why do people want to sit right on the trails . On of the big parts about killing a big mature deer is letting him mess up , but we as hunters tend to get impatient and mess up first and push the deer off. My FIL will hunt one stand only all year long and says sooner or later he will mess up.alot of people think they have to kill that big deer right when riffle season opens up but from what comes in at the shop the bigger more mature deer are killed in early to mid november.
    Rabbit said he never sees the big deer when season comes in . He very well could be pushing them off, pressuring the or simply entering or exiting wrong. Im not saying dont hunt them but maybe if he held off on the pressure until november and allow the neiboring poperties to mess up first the his luck might change. Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by scandler View Post
    Also he was killed on november 21

What did he score?

he green scored at 129" . never had him officially scored but should be around 125" if were lucky. he had good tin length and main beams but lacked in the mass. mass is always helpful when trying to get one in the books. some deer have it and some don't.

he green scored at 129" . never had him officially scored but should be around 125" if were lucky. he had good tin length and main beams but lacked in the mass. mass is always helpful when trying to get one in the books. some deer have it and some don't.
    Looks like it will score more than 129 now. I was thinking 133.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

when they dry the normally lose inches. if it makes the books it will be very close. still a good deer , just showing that if you don't push the out of there core areas then they don't always leave. you can look at the trail cam picture dates and see that he stuck around . not saying he never left our property but he was killed 30 yds from where the pictures were captured.

The best way to kill a buck is to put up a fence. That way you know for sure where he's going to be. I've got an appointment to shoot him on October 15th.

20180714_123625.jpg
    Last edited by scatter shot; 07-18-2018 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    sure, those deer will scatter...and the nicer ones wont spend as much time in front of the camera, but to say that deer is "anywhere but there" is simply not correct.
    I agree with the tooth inspector. I’ve had deer on camera before the season and seen them throughout the season. You think deer just vanish off acreage and never go back to it? They roam a good bit. Explain this to me more so I understand your thought process rabbit dude.

That deer makes the book all day.
    But who cares?

when they dry the normally lose inches. if it makes the books it will be very close. still a good deer , just showing that if you don't push the out of there core areas then they don't always leave. you can look at the trail cam picture dates and see that he stuck around . not saying he never left our property but he was killed 30 yds from where the pictures were captured.
    Is that the deer you shot off your back porch? I need to PM you Benman on here's number so you can give him pointers on how to get his wife's permission to shoot deer from his porch. He keeps wasting our time with the damn pictures when we know he ain't going to shoot one of 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Is that the deer you shot off your back porch? I need to PM you Benman on here's number so you can give him pointers on how to get his wife's permission to shoot deer from his porch. He keeps wasting our time with the damn pictures when we know he ain't going to shoot one of 'em.
    That ain’t no part of a lie, give Ben a shout. Please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Lol FYT....but yea call me, I can learn ya
    Founding Member of the Short Mo' Sea Pro Posse

Fuck Purdue

Shot one off the porch?

That's clean livin'. And certainly makes the strategy of entry/exit easier to manage.

So in closing, move the corn pile closer to the house.
    Last edited by Glenn; 07-20-2018 at 05:31 PM.

No you make it larger....ergo closer
    Founding Member of the Short Mo' Sea Pro Posse

Fuck Purdue

You need to worry about permission before you move on to placement.