Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If You See This

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Any advantages to that type stock?
    Nope, I just wanted a Mannlicher stocked gun. I enjoy my Sakos and finding an older L61 is next to impossible. I sold the CZ and a buddy bought my No.1 International. Neither were in .308, which is what I’ve wanted in this type rifle.

Though I guess if you're using iron sights, with the hogback comb, this gun is fast to the shoulder and just points naturally well. My cheek his the stock and I'm looking down the irons. I'd shoot it like that if I could see worth a damn.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 07-19-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I know one thing: I'm headin' to Georgetown to live with you with the fit hits the shan...

Nice one. It's certainly begging for some kind of high end "Euro" glass.

I have no doubt it will shoot well, those Finnish types know how to make a straight barrel.

I've wondered about models like that, the #1 in particular. Does the length of the stock not present an issue on accuracy?

That is a good looking gun.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by winyah View Post
    Nice one. It's certainly begging for some kind of high end "Euro" glass.

I have no doubt it will shoot well, those Finnish types know how to make a straight barrel.
    S&B Stratos 1.5-8X42 FD7 set in extra low Optilock rings. Came down to that or the Leica Visus 2-10X42 IL 4A.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    I've wondered about models like that, the #1 in particular. Does the length of the stock not present an issue on accuracy?

That is a good looking gun.
    Sako has a 5 shot 1 MOA guarantee on the guns with their ammo, I’ve never had an issue with my others exceeding that with my handloads. Hope to find out soon.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    S&B Stratos 1.5-8X42 FD7 set in extra low Optilock rings. Came down to that or the Leica Visus 2-10X42 IL 4A.
    Perfect, good choice.

Time to sight it in and murder deer and pigs. I’ve bought, sold and own a bunch of rifles over the years, I’ve never had a rifle that shouldered and fit like this one. Damn sure hope it’s accurate.

68B15491-AF54-4A24-8070-96DEC1172B69.jpg

I just saw this pic on the Sako FB page & thought "I know someone looking for one of those".
    Very nice!