Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you're having a hard time

Default If you're having a hard time

Please talk to someone. Suicide is not the answer. It leaves immeasurable sadness for those who you were connected with in your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

The most selfish act a human can commit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Quote Originally Posted by CUduckreeper View Post
    I try not to judge. I stopped a person from committing suicide several years ago.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Same here nick. Tough to see.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

The sad thing is you have no idea how many people you have stopped from committing suicide. That’s why it’s not cool to be a dick to people you don’t know.

That is all. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    The sad thing is you have no idea how many people you have stopped from committing suicide. That’s why it’s not cool to be a dick to people you don’t know.

That is all. Carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Predictable comment...

that adds no value to the conversation IMO.

Unfortunately, those battling depression don't see it that way!
    It is a cruel illness that strips those caught in the struggle of rational thinking, thus to them there is nothing selfish about it...
    Don't be a DICK...
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Pot, meet Kettle
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Unfortunately, those battling depression don't see it that way!
    ...Or post traumatic stress, or a bad domestic situation they can't seem to figure their way out of, or countless other situations a person can't fathom. Is it the cowards way out? Meh, that's debatable. Sometimes it's just the only way to make it to stop immediately.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 07-13-2018 at 07:00 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Topic has been discussed before and still the same story...people don't just wake up and say "woohoo I'm going to kill myself today. They know there will be pain and hurt for others but the pain and hurt they have outweighs that at that very moment.

Tell your family and friends that you love them as much as you can. When you see a stranger and say "How are ya?" Really mean it. You never know how much it may mean.

If you don't know about it, do some quick research rather than judging something you know nothing about.

Happens way too often in a time when life is "easier". The more stuff we have & the more occupied we are, the unhappier we become. Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by ndbrown213 View Post
    I try not to judge. I stopped a person from committing suicide several years ago.
    Sensible comment here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post

That is all. Carry on.
    Right on Tater, you never know that word you spoke or gesture towards someone else made them change their mind.
    Poverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another"

Default If you're having a hard time

My wife is a Dr. in the mental health field. She sees and talks with suicidal people everyday and it affects all walks of life...from kids are bullying me at school, I just failed a test and can’t tell my parents, my spouse left me, I have gambled all of my family’s money away, to the pain from my cancer is unbearable any longer.

She has prevented or hospitalized hundreds of people that were planning on committing suicide and were not rationally thinking at the time. Many have come back to her after getting help and let her know they were in a very dark place where they felt there was no end but she was able to get them thru it.

It totally changed my thoughts on the subject. You never know what someone is going through or experiencing in their head.

As Tater said. Don’t be a dick.

Edited to say: She takes patient confidentiality very serious. I know of a few of these situations because they were extended family, friends of family, or someone whom I sent her way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Johnny Reb; 07-13-2018 at 08:05 AM.

LOL Johnny Reb. I can only imagine the tongue lashing you got before you made that edit!
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Meathook View Post
    Topic has been discussed before and still the same story...people don't just wake up and say "woohoo I'm going to kill myself today. They know there will be pain and hurt for others but the pain and hurt they have outweighs that at that very moment.

Tell your family and friends that you love them as much as you can. When you see a stranger and say "How are ya?" Really mean it. You never know how much it may mean.

If you don't know about it, do some quick research rather than judging something you know nothing about.
    Interestingly, some people do just wake up and do it. Studies have shown that up to 20% of suicide attempts are rash, not-thought-out decisions by folks who are not necessarily mentally or emotionally unstable.
    Carolina Counsel

Everyone is going through something. Whether it is to the point of suicide or not, don’t be a dick to people that are obviously having a bad day. God’s Pease to the person who prompted you to post this. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Oh no, they’re definitely mentally and emotionally unstable, it just doesn’t appear that way because they did it early in the transition between phase 1 and phase 2. Everyone see the light of denial, but never gets to see the dark of anger.

Suicide sucks.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm