Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you're having a hard time

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Interestingly, some people do just wake up and do it. Studies have shown that up to 20% of suicide attempts are rash, not-thought-out decisions by folks who are not necessarily mentally or emotionally unstable.
    So how do they know they were not thought out?? Are they hearing that from family members who say its rash because they dont want people to think their family member was depressed for a length of time?

Edit: Or are they surveying people who attempted suicide and were not successful?
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 07-13-2018 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    Predictable comment...

that adds no value to the conversation IMO.
    I was Trying to add off of what the OP was saying about “It leaves immeasurable sadness for those who you were connected with in your life”. I lost a friend a couple years back to suicide and recently had someone I am very close to attempt suicide. I have seen the damage it does to families and friends left behind. I know that a person who either commits or attempts suicide is not in their right state of mind. My original post was not me trying to be a Dick, just a opinion. My apologies to others affected if it came off that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

So am I not in my right mind if I've thought about it?
    Low country redneck who moved north

Your current life can change with one unplanned event, or one phone call.
    What you have felt your whole life, your comfort level and security can be gone in the blink of an eye.
    You don't ever know what someone else is going thru behind closed doors. I have seen two different men
    that everyone thought had the world by the balls off themselves. Assumed to be rich as hell and a great family
    only to eat a bullet in their back yard. Depression is a real thing and not everyone is wired the same to handle it.
    Stop with the Hollier Than Thou mentality and be nice to folks, even those fucked up Tater hillbillies.

Quote Originally Posted by CUduckreeper View Post
    I was Trying to add off of what the OP was saying about “It leaves immeasurable sadness for those who you were connected with in your life”. I lost a friend a couple years back to suicide and recently had someone I am very close to attempt suicide. I have seen the damage it does to families and friends left behind. I know that a person who either commits or attempts suicide is not in their right state of mind. My original post was not me trying to be a Dick, just a opinion. My apologies to others affected if it came off that way.
    You were right in your statement, I took no offense to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson