That is a nice looking dog! I like the a malinois, but they most have so much energy and drive that they are harder to deal with. I agree about the American breeders ruining Rottweiler's and German Shepherds. My Rott is from German and Serbian lines, and the parents all have working titles.
Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
I've had all 3. The problem with the German Shepherds and Rotts is that American breeders have ruined both breeds and it's hard to get one that doesn't have health problems. Most idiots are steady trying to make them bigger.

I searched for a malinois that wasnt super amped up and would be better suited for a pet rather than a working dog. My 7 year old litle girl can command him to do anything she wants and it's been that way since she was 4.

Malinois have an incredible drive to please. I think you could train one to do damn near anything. I watched him take off after two dogs in the yard when he was younger. He did the running leap and jumped over both dogs. He grabbed the second one as he was coming down and rolled him with him. The first dog hauled ass and the second wasn't far behind. I've also seen him completely turn it off and let another dog push him around after I got onto them for fighting. Their drive to please is incredible. Most breeds are bred for a specific purpose. These dogs are built to serve. But I don't think they are for most people. They are too driven for most situations and are best suited as a working dog.

I like the size, build, and coat of them better than the Germans shepherds. I think a Malinois/German Shepherd cross has the potential to be an incredible dog.

ETA pic

This is my 7 year old male.