Thread: The Amazing Belgian Malinois

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default The Amazing Belgian Malinois

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Got that video from my dad the other day. Bad son of a guns fo sho.

Sheeeeiiitttttt, I saw one get his ass kicked by a 3 month old puppy just today.

I'm pretty sure that puppy is of the devil though

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Sheeeeiiitttttt, I saw one get his ass kicked by a 3 month old puppy just today.
    That must've been a Shepard

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    That must've been a Shepard
    Could have been a Chesapeake, bad to the bone, at least mine was.

Great working dogs, but I would not own one. For a personal protection dog I like a German Shepherd or a Rottweiler. Much easier to have around the house

I need to get one of those and train it as a squirrel dog. From the looks of that video I could just about send the dog up the tree to grab the squirrel out for me and I could quit carrying a gun all together
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by scbulldog View Post
    Great working dogs, but I would not own one. For a personal protection dog I like a German Shepherd or a Rottweiler. Much easier to have around the house
    I've had all 3. The problem with the German Shepherds and Rotts is that American breeders have ruined both breeds and it's hard to get one that doesn't have health problems. Most idiots are steady trying to make them bigger.

I searched for a malinois that wasnt super amped up and would be better suited for a pet rather than a working dog. My 7 year old litle girl can command him to do anything she wants and it's been that way since she was 4.

Malinois have an incredible drive to please. I think you could train one to do damn near anything. I watched him take off after two dogs in the yard when he was younger. He did the running leap and jumped over both dogs. He grabbed the second one as he was coming down and rolled him with him. The first dog hauled ass and the second wasn't far behind. I've also seen him completely turn it off and let another dog push him around after I got onto them for fighting. Their drive to please is incredible. Most breeds are bred for a specific purpose. These dogs are built to serve. But I don't think they are for most people. They are too driven for most situations and are best suited as a working dog.

I like the size, build, and coat of them better than the Germans shepherds. I think a Malinois/German Shepherd cross has the potential to be an incredible dog.

ETA pic

This is my 7 year old male.

Last edited by uga_dawg; 07-12-2018 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    I need to get one of those and train it as a squirrel dog. From the looks of that video I could just about send the dog up the tree to grab the squirrel out for me and I could quit carrying a gun all together
    Would be a cool dog to watch chase squirrels for sure.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    Would be a cool dog to watch chase squirrels for sure.
    Squirrels heck, neighborhood cats! Out here the coyotes have cleaned up most if not all of the feral house by cats using the same technique as the Malinois. As I've said before when cats go up a tree running from a dog they will go up 8' to 10' then stop and look down at the dog. It's almost like they are mocking the dogs. The problem is that doesn't work with a coyote, he runs up the tree with them. When the cat stops to look down he gets grabbed. Cats, not being the smartest animals, never figured out the difference in a coyote and a dog. A Malinois would be perfect to cull the neighbors cats that like to mess around in your yard and kill birds at your bird feeder. Looks I may have to get one so I can stop shooting cats. I can't watch 24/7, but a good cat dog could. I'm liking these dogs more and more. They are like a ball peen with 4 legs. There's a reason the SEALs use them.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

That is a nice looking dog! I like the a malinois, but they most have so much energy and drive that they are harder to deal with. I agree about the American breeders ruining Rottweiler's and German Shepherds. My Rott is from German and Serbian lines, and the parents all have working titles.
    Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    I've had all 3. The problem with the German Shepherds and Rotts is that American breeders have ruined both breeds and it's hard to get one that doesn't have health problems. Most idiots are steady trying to make them bigger.

I searched for a malinois that wasnt super amped up and would be better suited for a pet rather than a working dog. My 7 year old litle girl can command him to do anything she wants and it's been that way since she was 4.

Malinois have an incredible drive to please. I think you could train one to do damn near anything. I watched him take off after two dogs in the yard when he was younger. He did the running leap and jumped over both dogs. He grabbed the second one as he was coming down and rolled him with him. The first dog hauled ass and the second wasn't far behind. I've also seen him completely turn it off and let another dog push him around after I got onto them for fighting. Their drive to please is incredible. Most breeds are bred for a specific purpose. These dogs are built to serve. But I don't think they are for most people. They are too driven for most situations and are best suited as a working dog.

I like the size, build, and coat of them better than the Germans shepherds. I think a Malinois/German Shepherd cross has the potential to be an incredible dog.

ETA pic

This is my 7 year old male.