Duck fest started as a way for the small town of Summerton to try and capitalize on some of the revenue generated by the duck pond craze. The small business owners and the small town revitalization committee wanted to try and keep some of the money in town instead of going to manning, santee, sumter, etc. Summerton doesn't have much to offer but realized that if some fella from Charlotte was crazy enough to lease a blind in Rimini for 20k then he must be crazy enough to shop the local gift shops, bakery, and such. I'm just a summerton resident and I try to participate any way that I can. It's a fun event that's growing quickly. Our mayor, who is a longtime SCWA employee works unbelievably hard for this town. I will add that this festival is no way connected to scwa outside of an employee being our mayor. In the last 20 years some folks have really prospered from the duck pond explosion and some have really lost. As I already said, Summerton doesn't offer much in the form of businesses but is trying to gain from some of this out of town money that flows into Clarendon county each fall.