Thread: Finished Project #1.5

Default Finished Project #1.5

Another AR 95% completed and "operational" - I hope to shoot this one Thursday for the first time as well. The concept is my version of the NSWC-Crane Division "Recce" rifle.

BCM 16" enhanced light weight (ELW) upper with mid-length gas and a 15" handguard - bought this pre-assembled. Ambi BCM gunfighter charging handle.
    SilencerCo Trifecta brake - for my Saker can
    The lower...
    Aero Precision M4E1 lower, Geissele SSA-E trigger, "A5" extended buffer with BCM stock, BCM grip. It's slick, and I'm becoming an Aero fanboy with the enhancements and built helps built into these.

The glass is a Leupold Mark 6 1-6x with the CMR-W 5.56 reticle in a LaRue SPR base. I will probably add a light (Arisaka Tactical 300 or 400 series Scout light) and some form of BUIS. But it'll work as is.

I'm looking forward to shooting this, focusing first on 77 grain loads from IMI and Black Hills.

Recce1.jpg

Recce2.jpg

So, the only build still in active process is the bolt gun - waiting on Southern Precision to let me know it's done. My future AR work will probably be total in-house builds, as I'm getting my tooling together.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I'm a fan of the BCM KMR handguards. Have several and am getting a parts list together for a pistol which will have one as well.

Nice looking rifle.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

Nice build. Great glass.