Thread: Are you safer?

Default Are you safer?

Under a bridge during a lightning storm? Specifically the swing bridge in downtown Beaufort?

Asking for a friend....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm no scientist or an electrical engineer but I know how to google. The bridge is a grounded metal object. You are safer under it. But it's lightening so there are no gauntness

I think so. I mean, we lived......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I think so. I mean, we lived......
    I just talked to a fella that rode it out on the sandbar with a 10 month old. Said he felt the tingle down the T top after a strike...

How bad of storm did yall get?

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    I just talked to a fella that rode it out on the sandbar with a 10 month old. Said he felt the tingle down the T top after a strike...
    Dayum. Any word on whether the paddleboarder made it without getting electrocuted or runover?
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Dayum. Any word on whether the paddleboarder made it without getting electrocuted or runover?
    No word.

RT is was bad....like several strikes inside of a mile. It rained hard for a half hour or so.

God hates clemson fans. All you had to do was push Feets overboard
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    This is now a hunting trip and a fishing trip that "got ruint from weather" with him present.

You haven’t been close until you get splashed with water from a strike. That’ll draw your asshole up so tight you couldn’t drive a sewing needle up it with a 15# sledgehammer.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Got caught in one alone three years ago that scared the life outta me....
    Wearing nothing but a pair of Birdwells, I ran faster than lightnin' with two wet Chessies up the dock and to the porch @ Dockside @7pm in July!
    It was weird, mostly the looks we got from the 100 or so people under the porch but I don't play around with that kinda weather!
    Last edited by Calibogue; 07-09-2018 at 09:11 PM.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Electricity is dumb. All it wants to do is find ground, through the path of least resistance. Being near a grounded object, like a tree, or a metal bridge, I would think would be bad.

Glad y'all survived.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 07-10-2018 at 06:27 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    This is now a hunting trip and a fishing trip that "got ruint from weather" with him present.
    I am sure the passion will eventually work out, don't you two give up on one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    There were Georgia fans on the sandbar in a late 70's model bass boat. I blame them......

There were Georgia fans on the sandbar in a late 70's model bass boat. I blame them......
    They were just happy to be there. Storms or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk