Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mallard limit reduc and MRP fags....

Default Mallard limit reduc and MRP fags....

So, what's gonna happen?
    I'm already hearing of MRP proponents writing representatives and such claiming it not to be fair!
    Also hearing talk of suppliers sayin they have a workaround by clipping toes to keep wild birds separate from release birds.
    Is this kinda stuff for real?
    I'm astounded at what I'm hearing about this from multiple areas of the state!
    Last edited by Calibogue; 07-07-2018 at 07:09 AM.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Fishing early this morning i see......for real tho, gonna be an uptick in preserve applications. They aren't hard to get and problem solved!
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 07-07-2018 at 07:37 AM.

Keep 4 mallards, with only one hen.

Local court ruled that they can do as they please since they own the tamies. Federal court could say different, but I don't see them pursuing the issue at this point with all the bullshit they have overlooked up to now.

So can I say I released any mallard I kill and stop st 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    So can I say I released any mallard I kill and stop st 4?
    As long as you clip a toe you should be good.
    Hey big man lemme hol a dollar.

For those that don't know...

Mallard bag limit for next season, 2019.

https://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wp-con...uction-FAQ.pdf
    Last edited by Downeast; 07-07-2018 at 09:48 AM.
    "We have become so open minded that our brains have fallen out"

So let the mrp have there 4 but what happens when the first pair they kill is wild ? Do they have to stop ? Or if they’re allow to continue and kill another wild one then what ?
    80-20 Genaration

I can’t speak for other parts of the state, but not a peep from right here in tamie central.

There is no mass hysteria. The truth is, the ringneck is the cash crop.
    I’m dumbfounded as to why mallards are even still released.

They don’t fly unless heavily provoked, and rarely end up on anyone’s strap along the River Rd.

I honestly think most folks along the lake ponds don’t give a shit.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Am I stupid for thinking that since at least 50% of hunters in SC haven’t killed a mallard, they are obviously not in a great enough abundance to have a 4 bird limit?
    All I kill is wood ducks. All everyone I know kills is wood ducks except for the diver guys. You would think that woodies would have a higher limit. I acknowledge that I am completely uneducated in waterfowl biology and speak from zero expertise. I am legitimately asking if my logic is flawed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.”

While y’all are shooting woodies the mallards are heading the other way. Then when they come back most people have packed up and left.
    Hey big man lemme hol a dollar.

The daily ringneck limit should be two.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Not to be rude, but yes, it is rather asinine to assume that 50% of South Carolina duck hunters do kill (or at least have killed) mallards.
    I kill wild mallards every single season. They are few and far between but somehow I manage to whack a dozen or so each year. I know for certain I could kill more if I dedicated my season to them.

The species of ducks you kill is directly related to the habitat you hunt. Big water guys kill divers, beaver swamp guys kill wood ducks....

I personally don’t believe that any rational man could conclude that lowering the mallard limit in SC, would boost future wintering populations.
    I’m not even sure I could hold a strait face if another man were to tell me that in ernest.

Not real sure the motive behind it.
    If it is in fact, an attempt at crippling the tamie ops, it’s a ridiculous attempt.
    Folks aren’t paying 18k per blind for them..... they are paying for the liquor, comraderie, and wild ducks.
    These days, release birds to those folks, are simply seeing a mallard duck. They pay for the site of 10k dingers dive bombing a pond.

Quote Originally Posted by clembo3 View Post
    Am I stupid for thinking that since at least 50% of hunters in SC haven’t killed a mallard, they are obviously not in a great enough abundance to have a 4 bird limit?
    All I kill is wood ducks. All everyone I know kills is wood ducks except for the diver guys. You would think that woodies would have a higher limit. I acknowledge that I am completely uneducated in waterfowl biology and speak from zero expertise. I am legitimately asking if my logic is flawed.

Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

It is coming from the Feds and they don't give 2 shits about tamies. Do gooder nonsense that won't help SC a bit unless they drastically cut the overall limit to get people off the resource quicker and even that is debatable...

I’m willing to bet, that 75% of duck hunters in this state average less than 10 ducks per week during the season. And I’m willing to bet the same amount don’t kill a wild mallard during the season.

This new limit will affect me numbers wise, but it is what it is. I will kill less ducks because of it. And no I don’t release mallards. (Unfortunately I have to say that in today’s age)
    Go Tigers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Not to be rude, but yes, it is rather asinine to assume that 50% of South Carolina duck hunters do kill (or at least have killed) mallards.
    I kill wild mallards every single season. They are few and far between but somehow I manage to whack a dozen or so each year. I know for certain I could kill more if I dedicated my season to them.

The species of ducks you kill is directly related to the habitat you hunt. Big water guys kill divers, beaver swamp guys kill wood ducks....

I personally don’t believe that any rational man could conclude that lowering the mallard limit in SC, would boost future wintering populations.
    I’m not even sure I could hold a strait face if another man were to tell me that in ernest.

Not real sure the motive behind it.
    If it is in fact, an attempt at crippling the tamie ops, it’s a ridiculous attempt.
    Folks aren’t paying 18k per blind for them..... they are paying for the liquor, comraderie, and wild ducks.
    These days, release birds to those folks, are simply seeing a mallard duck. They pay for the site of 10k dingers dive bombing a pond.
    Yeah, I was being very generous with that. I would actually bet 90% don’t kill a single mallard in a season. I don’t know that changing the limit would affect the population necessarily but I am under the impression that limits are based on abundance more than anything. It seems that the logic is as follows: if the few that kill mallards kill less that will leave more to the general public. An attempt at redistributing duck wealth if you will.

“To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.”

If they don't fix broad River .... Ain't nobody gonna kill a wild mallard in my area.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    If they don't fix broad River .... Ain't nobody gonna kill a wild mallard in my area.
    Sad to say you are right...

And their star has just left the building for greener pastures....
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

More ducks for Lake Murray!!!