Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mallard limit reduc and MRP fags....

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    I was told they are planting “grass type” Foods bc it is a more “natural” food source. I assume corn or rice would be the preferred crop to be planted for mallards and blacks?
    History repeats itself. Who remembers what happened when Santee NWR Manager, Glen Bond, decided on this same idiotic course in 1978?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    He retired.
    Will Dillman now

Quote Originally Posted by Quercus Alba View Post
    Will Dillman now
    I know him. He is a good guy but I don't think he cares for hunting. What does he do with managing for ducks? If it's the same guy I know, he is an "environmentalist".
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 07-10-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Will Dillman the snake man took Derrell Shipes place???
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Will Dillman is definitely an “environmentalist.”

Did he REALLY get Derrell’s job????
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

He’s a good dude. Definitely not a hunter and probably knows little about ducks. I think he’s intelligent enough to rely on other resources when necessary, however. He appears to have hit the ground running and I hope and think he will do good in his new position.

So nobody has answered my question: what does will do that involves ducks?

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    So nobody has answered my question: what does will do that involves ducks?
    Likely nothing until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Quercus Alba View Post
    Likely nothing until now.
    Well who the hell is derrell shipes and what was his job?

No, Who's on first..........

Derrell Shipes was the Chief of Wildlife (avid duck hunter too). He retired. Billy Dukes is now Chief of Wildlife. I just saw that Will Dillman took the "Assistant Chief of Wildlife" job that Billy vacated.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks for clearing that up Cajun. I just hope will understands the importance of hunting in our culture. He is plenty smart. I've just always taken him as a kind of left wing environmentalist type.

Does anyone know the guys name that ised to run around working on the dikes and pumps and stuff down around the coast? He was kinda short long hair good 'll hillbilly dude? If so id like to get ahold of him if possible thanks.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Anyone know who sits on the House Committee that oversees DNR's budget?

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    THIS IS PURELY OPINION:
    Its hard to be a duck manager if you keep reinventing the wheel with ideas like "moist soil management" or natural vegetation or grasses or open areas, etc etc etc.

It shouldnt be rocket science when CORN has been shown to be the best attractant out there. I swear people know this but when february rolls around and their fat asses dont like the idea of hours upon hours of tractor work, they start thinking of lazy ass ways to do something different they read about.

If I managed BR, I would plant corn everywhere. The "wet spots that wouldnt dry out" is code for "I didnt feel like unhooking the planter and putting the disc back on."
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    True and if there’s a wet spot that can’t dry there’s alway millet or rice
    That’s where tile and a plug come in handy.
    cut\'em

It is amazing watching the tile crews all over the midwest every October on our way north. You rarely see one here...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    It is amazing watching the tile crews all over the midwest every October on our way north. You rarely see one here...
    Guy across the way from here has a plow, he puts in a fair bit I think for himself. A shitload of old terra cotta tile in the ground around here that still works but it’s definitely on the downhill side. There is a plow on the lot in Orangeburg at the Case place. Wish I had a half mil laying around I would buy it, a quadtrack and a backhoe and go to work and give the NRCS the finger the whole way.
    cut\'em

Do it. All this terra cotta is screwed...