Thread: Waist-high neoprene waders

Default Waist-high neoprene waders

I know these aren't popular, but for those of you that have them, whats the best waist high neoprene waders? Planning on using them a lot more this upcoming season, especially during early teal.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Banded. Non insulated
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Where you are you'd be better off finding some breathable waders!!! Neoprene will kill you down in South Florida. Also for the areas we were talking about you might want some chest high. The water isn't that deep for the most part but some of the ponds will definitely be up to your waist. Also most folks in there hunt by standing in the edge of the cattails rather than staying in the boat. It just allows for better swinging on birds since they come from all directions there rather than a single flyway.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

I have a pair of the Drake Boat Pants and really like them
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I use Cabela's waist high breathables for hunting rice fields in Texas but I don't think they make them anymore. I also have breathable chest waders (maybe orvis-can't remember) that are made to roll down and use the suspender as a belt. Either would work well for your situation.
    “Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.” Lord Byron

Quote Originally Posted by beanhunter View Post
    Banded. Non insulated
    Love mine. Easy wader to put on and off I’ve ever used
    80-20 Genaration

Another vote for banded
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    Where you are you'd be better off finding some breathable waders!!! Neoprene will kill you down in South Florida. Also for the areas we were talking about you might want some chest high. The water isn't that deep for the most part but some of the ponds will definitely be up to your waist. Also most folks in there hunt by standing in the edge of the cattails rather than staying in the boat. It just allows for better swinging on birds since they come from all directions there rather than a single flyway.
    Half the guys I've talked to that've bought breathables said they leaked straight out the box that's why I have avoided those. Maybe it's time to give them a try though

Thanks everybody

I've been wearing Lacrosse Alpha Swamp Fox breatheables or the Cabelas Dry Plus Breathables since 2002 when I was stationed in New Orleans. Either one of those have been great for me and usually last for 3 years or more before developing any leaks. They have worked for me in Louisiana, Alaska, Florida, California, and South Carolina. Doesn't matter if its hot or cold. When it's warm just dress minimally. If you have to go hunt up North I've never needed more than a good set of long jons and a pair of fleece wader pants underneath them. Hunted in negative 5 degree weather in Alaska and was still comfortable, could walk around with no issues, and never felt like my circulation was being cut off if I had to paddle from a kneeling position. I will never wear neoprene waders or wader pants again!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

I will never wear neoprene waders or wader pants again!
    AMEN!!!
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

Where you are you'd be better off finding some breathable waders
    That was my first thought too.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I have 4 sets of breathable waders and have had 0 leaks so far. Mostly fishing waders so you need a pair of boots. I got a pair of Chota hip waders and they have worked well for me. Kind of expensive if you don't already have wading boots though.