Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trijicon vs Leica

The reason the 50mm is more is the turrets and side focus. The 56mmTrijicon, aside from illumination is a pretty basic optic. That’s fine for 99% of what we do hunting. I’ve killed a ton of shit with a fixed 6x42 Leupold FX3. Pick a scope you like and go kill shit.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    In equal quality glass it’s minimal, but people tend to think bigger is better.
    Overall I totally agree with FLS on this statement.

I will note, however, that when I compared a Swarovski Habicht A & Z3 in the 2.5-10x42 to a Swarovski Z3 4-12x50, the 50mm scope was a shade brighter than the 42mm at 15+/- minutes after sunset. I was surprised enough to plan to put the 50mm on my 7-08 this year and move the 42mm to another rifle.

The 42mm was on par with the Leica ER5 2-10x50, IMO, and about 12 oz lighter.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Just buy a 50mm Swarovski and be done, forever.
    eBay ran a 15% off deal about a week ago. $100 off max. You could have purchased a Swaro Z3 4-12x50 with a 4a reticle for $729 shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by britton40 View Post
    eBay ran a 15% off deal about a week ago. $100 off max. You could have purchased a Swaro Z3 4-12x50 with a 4a reticle for $729 shipped.
    Dang, sorry I missed that.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Swarovski Z3 with glass made by Meopta? Same deal in a bunch of places. I bought the Leica ER5’s, same scope pretty much.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Default Trijicon vs Leica

Costansa, the Swaro Rep told me it was the same glass as the Z6. Different internals. Z6 has etched reticle.
    Last edited by britton40; 07-05-2018 at 09:31 PM.

That Leica Magnus sure is sexy.
    Last edited by KRT; 07-09-2018 at 08:30 PM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Costansa, the Swaro Rep told me it was the same glass as the Z6. Different internals. Z6 has etched reticle.
    Ziess and Swaro got the glass for the Conquest MC and Z3 lines from Meopta, whereas Ziess's Terra line is Jap glass. The Z5 and up lines in Swaro are from Schott and Ziess has their own for the Conquest HD & V6 through the Diavari and Victory lines, Hensoldt is Shott (supposedly). I'm sure the rep would tell you it is a 100% in house product, reps would never lie. I mean, what would stop you from buying the same optic at $450 when it said Meopta Meopro on it. What's even more fun is that Swaro use to source some of their glass from Karl Ziess Optik. The internals and the coatings are all Swaro though. Leica and S&B also source from Schott FWIW. Optics Thoughts and OpticsTalk had all this information on there some time ago.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 07-09-2018 at 08:57 PM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    That Leica Magnus sure is sexy.
    Yes, supposed to be one of the finest optics on the market. Get it and if you don't like it you can sell it to me at a reduced price.