Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon vs Leica

Default Trijicon vs Leica

Which of these two models would you recommend for low light hunting? My shots shouldn't exceed 300 yards. Have seen both models posted here before and just looking for some real feedback.

https://www.eurooptic.com/trijicon-t...-triangle.aspx

and

https://www.eurooptic.com/leica-er-5...cle-51071.aspx

Anything else worth considering for same price point?

Leica by a long shot.

The Trijicon for low light hunting. Glass is comparable in both, the Trijicon’s illumination sets it apart from the ER5. If you go to the ERi or Visus, then it’s Leica by a long shot. I have two of each and have compared side by side. You’ll still be able to see through legal time with the ER5 though. Honestly after my S&B, I’d rather have my 4-16X50 Trijicon.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 07-01-2018 at 06:36 PM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Trijicon is better in low light in my opinion. The 2.5-10x56 accupoint is going to be the best bet if you plan on shooting late. I know I can hunt later with my trijicon than I can my Leica 2-10x50 and the illuminated reticle in the trijicon makes shooting at dark a whole lot easier.

If you want a little more magnification I would go with the trijicon 4-16x50 like Salty said. I've been highly impressed with mine and I can't tell much difference in low light clarity between it and my 2.5-10x56.

Have a 3-15x56 Leica ER5 of the WSM and that scope will get your ass in trouble you can see so late, ask me how I know.......

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Have a 3-15x56 Leica ER5 of the WSM and that scope will get your ass in trouble you can see so late, ask me how I know.......
    How do you know?
    Bone....

In the trijicon what color do ya'll prefer.
    Also we have one of those green lights for hogs at night and i'm to the point of pulling the trigger and buying the accupoint but I got to thinking that the green dot may not be good if I want to use the green night light. Anybody have any insight on that.

Quote Originally Posted by thawhacker View Post
    In the trijicon what color do ya'll prefer.
    Also we have one of those green lights for hogs at night and i'm to the point of pulling the trigger and buying the accupoint but I got to thinking that the green dot may not be good if I want to use the green night light. Anybody have any insight on that.
    My 4-16 has the green dot in the MOA reticle. My 5-20 has the Amber BAC reticle. I prefer the Amber over red or green but you can’t get it in every model.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I’ve got one of the Leica er5s. It’s good but the new leupolds with the fire dot are the tits
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I've not used the Trijicon, but based on other's comments I'd go with it over the Leica.

I had a Leica ER5 2-10x50 and it was clearly a step below in brightness @ 400 yds vs a Swarovski Z3 2.5-10x50. It's also twice the weight with the Leica at about 25+ oz.

The Trijicon linked shows at 20+ oz, so that wins that test also.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

You might want to take a look at the 56mm VX5. Great glass , maybe the best in its price range considering the features on this scope.
    http://www.opticsagent.com/Leupold-V...ack_p_757.html

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    You might want to take a look at the 56mm VX5. Great glass , maybe the best in its price range considering the features on this scope.
    http://www.opticsagent.com/Leupold-V...ack_p_757.html
    Yep, I remember posting a while back on this glass. And the Leupold rep telling me that there was no real advantage to 56mm over the 42mm (?) in the 3-15x I was looking at. I wanted a smaller objective, but may end up forking over the extra $$ for the VX-6HD and split the difference with a 50mm.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Do you think there is no advantage to 56mm over 42? I’ve never had a scope over 40mm.

In equal quality glass it’s minimal, but people tend to think bigger is better.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    In equal quality glass it’s minimal, but people tend to think bigger is better.
    so if I was going to buy a trijicon I don't need the 56mm. Save money maybe and go with a 50.

so if I was going to buy a trijicon I don't need the 56mm. Save money maybe and go with a 50.
    No, the 2.5X10X56 that people get is usually cheaper than the 50mm options they have. The 2.5-12X42 they have is a great optic as well. Hell, I put a 3X9X40 Accupower on the Ruger American I got my son, I was extremely impressed with what it did in low light. Now if I could just get the boy over the buck fever he'd kill everything.

Ya I just went on euro optics and saw that. You can get the 4-16x50 in accu power for the same price as the 2.5-10x56 in accu point.
    One more question. Accu point or accu power?
    Last edited by thawhacker; 07-05-2018 at 02:26 PM.

Yep, the 50mm Trijicon is a good bit more than the 56. I was looking at them also. Debating between a Mark 4 and the Accupoint.

Depends on whether you want a battery or not. The Accupower is a conventional illumination system. The Accupoint is always on due to the fiber optics during daylight and tritium at night. The Accupowers also have a different selection of reticules than the Accupoint. Hunting wise, I want a simple post or #4 style for 99% of what I encounter on the club or other places I hunt since most of my shots are limited to 200-300yds at maximum

And right now, Optics Planet has a better deal on Trijicon than EuroOptic, may be a few other places that beat OP.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 07-05-2018 at 02:33 PM.

Ya I just went on euro optics and saw that. You can get the 4-16x50 in accu power for the same price as the 2.5-10x56 in accu point.
    One more question. Accu point or accu power?
    Get the accupoint, the tritium illumination is what makes the Trijicon such a good low light scope. The 2.5-10x56 is plenty for most hunting scenarios if you aren't shooting past 300 yards. I use my 4-16x50 for hunting beanfields where I might need to shoot a little further. For closer range stands I carry my 2.5-10x56. You can't go wrong with either one.