Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Baiting ducks

Default Baiting ducks

RALEIGH,N.C – Robert J. Higdon, Jr., United States Attorney for the Eastern District of North Carolina, announces DAVID CAHOON 59, JOHNATHAN BULL 47, JOHNATHAN PARKER WILLIAMS 52, and TIMOTHY CAHOON 49, recently plead guilty to charges of aiding and abetting others to take migratory waterfowl with the use or aid of bait, and hunting migratory waterfowl over an area that was baited.

During the 2016-2017 waterfowl season, Federal Wildlife Officers observed, on several occasions, multiple people engaged in the baiting of the Cahoon impoundments. On December, 17th 2016, Federal and State Wildlife Officers observed multiple hunters enter both baited impoundments and actively hunt migratory waterfowl.

Evidence suggested that DAVID CAHOON, allowed a family member to hunt his waterfowl impoundment even after knowing the impoundment contained fresh shelled corn that was purposely placed to attract migratory waterfowl for the purpose of hunting. The impoundment is located adjacent to the Lake Mattamuskeet National Wildlife Refuge. DAVID CAHOON, plead guilty to aiding and abetting others to hunt on or over a baited area and was ordered to pay a $9000.00 fine.

Evidence suggested TIMOTHY CAHOON, hunted on opening morning within the baited impoundment. TIMOTHY CAHOON, plead guilty to hunting over a baited area and was ordered to pay a $2500.00 fine and lost his hunting rights for one year.

In an adjacent impoundment JOHNATHAN BULL and a group of hunter’s, hunted migratory waterfowl while knowing the impoundment was baited with bird seed and sunflower seed purposely placed to attract migratory waterfowl into the impoundment. This impoundment is also located adjacent to the Lake Mattamuskeet National Wildlife Refuge. BULL, plead guilty to hunting over a baited area and aiding and abetting others to hunt over a baited area and was ordered to pay a $4000.00 fine and lost his hunting rights for one year.

PARKER WILLIAMS, plead guilty for his involvement by aiding and abetting others to hunt over bait and was ordered to pay a $4000.00 fine and lost his hunting rights for one year.

This case was investigated by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Division of Refuge law Enforcement and the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission. Assistant United States Attorney Daniel Smith prosecuted the case for the government.

—-

SOURCE: news provided by JUSTICE.GOV on Friday, June 22, 2018

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Amateur baiters.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I bet they slayed the wigeons!

at least they didn’t find All that corn in hickory top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pro Remington 870 Operator

Quote Originally Posted by kayakkillshots View Post
    at least they didn’t find All that corn in hickory top

Where the pictures of all the Bass ? You been quiet, summer school schedule got you on hold from fishing.

They did it wrong.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    Where the pictures of all the Bass ? You been quiet, summer school schedule got you on hold from fishing.
    Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    I graduated HS in early June

I have only been around the house for about a week and I haven’t even bass fished that much at all this month really. I caught a bunch a of mountain trout when I went to work in the mountains for two weeks I caught a limit almost everyday I went if the water wasn’t up a foot from all the rain, Even then I still caught 2 or 3 a evening.

Went down to the beach last week and tried the reds for a day and only caught like one 25 inch fish so I tried to fish for trout but that wasn’t working so I just fished for sheephead the rest of the week and did pretty good Caught like 8 shorts to every 14 inch sheephead...Going back down to the coast the 15-16 to fish.

Bass have been the least of my worries over the last month.

Pro Remington 870 Operator

What's the story on the rooster tail?

Keep up the good work Kayak, I would rather you catch every fish in SC than play video games all day.

Now wait a minute....

A very good friend of mine’s father caught those redbreasts and that jackfish, the other day.

I’m being dead serious. How did you get the picture?
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Here we go...

Rocketman in 3...2...1

Now wtf are the flatheads supposed to eat?

Congrats on graduating.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Now wait a minute....

A very good friend of mine’s father caught those redbreasts and that jackfish, the other day.

Where did he go?

Popcorn eating emoji thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Now wait a minute....

Ohhhhhhh Snap!

“Crickets”......

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    Amateur baiters.
    Just to be clear. Would you consider yourself a Master?

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    Just to be clear. Would you consider yourself a Master?
    Goes without saying doesn’t it?
    Carolina Counsel