Thread: Lake Jocassee

Default Lake Jocassee

Taking the family and friends up in middle of July for the weekend. Instead of dragging my boat up we are going to rent a pontoon for the day. I really would like to catch some lake trout. I can catch largemouth in Wylie everyday. Any tips or tricks anyone would like to share?
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

You get to the Greer area anytime? I've got two downriggers and extra mounting plates. You can screw them down on a board and mount them on something temporary. Your welcome to borrow them. I have pink ladies as well if you would rather borrow those. Just holler

July is a tough month for trout on Jocassee. Go deep and then deeper in the main river channels. Trolling with downriggers and spoons. I would just target the bass with plastics off of rocky points and ledges. Take some crickets and worms and go deep for the bream. If you are set on trout, motor up to one of the river mouths, park the boat, wade upstream and fish. Be prepared to bust your butt on some slippery rocks. Felt soled boots are your friend. The trout you catch will most likely be under the 15” minimum in the rivers/creeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ersepton View Post
    You get to the Greer area anytime? I've got two downriggers and extra mounting plates. You can screw them down on a board and mount them on something temporary. Your welcome to borrow them. I have pink ladies as well if you would rather borrow those. Just holler
    I don’t but thank you. Much appreciated.
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Quote Originally Posted by Two Barrels View Post
    July is a tough month for trout on Jocassee. Go deep and then deeper in the main river channels. Trolling with downriggers and spoons. I would just target the bass with plastics off of rocky points and ledges. Take some crickets and worms and go deep for the bream. If you are set on trout, motor up to one of the river mouths, park the boat, wade upstream and fish. Be prepared to bust your butt on some slippery rocks. Felt soled boots are your friend. The trout you catch will most likely be under the 15” minimum in the rivers/creeks.
    Thank you
    R. Not

Catching the Rainbows or Browns in Jocassee in the summer means fishing at night. Tough fishery.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I was up there sun to ride and Guide said they were catching a few @70 feet.

It's pretty crowded with pleasure boats in the Summer and this fish don't bite as good as in winter.
    Windows Down!