Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trail Cameras - The ultimate scouting tool?

I enjoy running them but mostly just to get a solid inventory on what's around.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowman View Post
    Just the opposite actually.
    Why is that?

It can also have a negative affect if you don’t get any good ones on camera.

I’ve had years when good bucks on one spot was almost non existent and it made it hard to hunt that farm and to stay put.

I went but I wasn’t excited, I just kept hoping acorns or does would bring a stranger in
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

I run cams so I can name em

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Why is that?

I get more satisfaction from patterning a particular buck and then running an arrow through his chest than I do just shooting a deer that i didn’t even know was there that just happened to walk out while I was sitting there.

I get more satisfaction from patterning a particular buck and then running an arrow through his chest than I do just shooting a deer that i didn’t even know was there that just happened to walk out while I was sitting there.
    this man gets it

Quote Originally Posted by quack head 11 View Post
    It can also have a negative affect if you don’t get any good ones on camera.

I’ve had years when good bucks on one spot was almost non existent and it made it hard to hunt that farm and to stay put.

I went but I wasn’t excited, I just kept hoping acorns or does would bring a stranger in
    And then?

Exactly.

Trail cameras also allow you to keep track of certain bucks as they get older.

You don't have to run cameras to do that, am sure you know that and saying for the benefit of those who quote you. They, and likely you, would still shot the crap out of a big buck that "just happened to walk out" regardless of lack of camera pics and still lay it on your hunting prowess, set up, tactics, etc. as the reason for his demise. So there, nuh!
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles