Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zero Turn

Default Zero Turn

I need a new mower, something that doesn't tear up every third time the grass is cut. Something the wife won't destroy when she runs over the sewer clean outs in the yard. Something I don't have to put new blades on every year. I cut two acres or so, I hate cutting grass as much as I do painting shit. I use a sprayer to paint and if I need a brush I hire someone, I want to cut the grass in 5 minutes if I have to waste time doing it. I want a 48"-54" cut, zero turn, fabricated deck and Kohler or Kawasaki engine for $3500.00 or less if possible. What should I be looking at?
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 06-25-2018 at 06:40 PM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I would defiantly give hustler a look. I bought a hustler lasted year and have been very pleased. I think they are the best bang for your buck because you get a lot of things other company’s just don’t offer.

The hustler raptor sd would fit that profile. That is what I got. I got 0% financing for 4 when I got mine last year about this time. Even though it’s about paid off.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 06-25-2018 at 06:50 PM.

I have a 15 year old hustler Z with 800+ hrs. Trouble free if you maintain them. I got my tires filled with foam, makes it heavier, sticks to embankments better.

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    I have a 15 year old hustler Z with 800+ hrs. Trouble free if you maintain them. I got my tires filled with foam, makes it heavier, sticks to embankments better.
    I don't have embankments, just holes my GSP's excavate in the mole massacre. I got a ditch that is about 18" deep but it isn't steep. Its pretty flat.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Just know you aren’t going to get commercial grade for $3500. They simply can’t put quality parts in one for that money. Even the “low” cost models from top end brands don’t hold up. With 2 acres of mowing buy a full blown commercial unit, maintain it well, and be done with it for 15+ years. Deals will start popping up around September.

ETA: like you I despise mowing. Even more, I despise turning wrenches just so I can go mow. Buy a good one once.
    Last edited by wiz18; 06-25-2018 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I don't have embankments, just holes my GSP's excavate in the mole massacre. I got a ditch that is about 18" deep but it isn't steep. Its pretty flat.
    Don’t get any brand that hangs the deck on threaded rod , get a deck hanging on chain. The threaded rod deal will separate when deck gets in a bind or hits a root. I fix my neighbors deck all the time, due to this design

Probably not the best, but I recently bought a Deere 355R. I cut about 3 acres every two weeks. Used it today for the 4th time and couldn't be happier with the time I'm saving. I went from 1 hour 50 mins to about 45 minutes cutting time. $3400 but I traded an old mower and box blade with cash.
    Go Tigers!!!

Find a used exmark or scag. I have two exmark mowers one with 1200 hours the other with 800 very little problems

ariens makes one for under $3,000 that is pretty nice
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

My neighbor has a bobcat mower. When my cub cadet riding mower tears up(about every other time I cut) I walk down to his house and steal his. Its loud as hell but it cuts grass pretty good.

Scag freedom series is close to that price
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

"They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

How are the Husqvarna commercial/pro series?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    How are the Husqvarna commercial/pro series?
    When your out riding around tomorrow, look on back of the trailers and the mowers you see the most, is the mowers you need to buy. These people don’t make any money if they working on them daily.

Scag, Toro, Exmark, Gravely, the way your talking a $3500 mower isn’t gonna make you happy.
    A good dealer is the most important thing
    Last edited by SWAMPLIFE z71; 06-26-2018 at 06:48 PM.

I have a similar setup.... 2+acres and wife cutting.

I wanted something that I could 'just keep gas in'. Had a pos Toro homeowner like you would get at a big box. That thing sucked.

I bought a commercial Toro... I get them to service it annually. (About $100) They pick it up and drop it of(man lives down the st).

4 plus years, and all I've had to do was put gas in it....

But I don't think you'll get what you want for $3500....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sheep; 06-26-2018 at 06:52 PM.
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

I had a Husqvarna MZ61 and cut 5 ac with no issues
    Last edited by FHF; 06-26-2018 at 06:52 PM.

SCAG is what I use. I have 61” Turf Tiger and a 52” Cheetah. I won’t use anything else.
    "...But this is football. This ain't tennis..." --CJ Spiller; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkNT9IxEu8

This is all you need if you have a 4-wheeler.

images.jpeg

You have a platty but you are worried about the price of the mower. Go buy a quality mower it will hold its value way better than your truck. Seriously you want a Southport at a sea fox price ain’t gonna happen.
    cut\'em