• McMaster

76 49.35%
  • Warren

78 50.65%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Poll. McMaster vs Warren

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    That sounds great to those who fail to understand or acknowledge the inevitable economic cycles.

If all you have is a sales tax, everything goes to shit in a recession because there's no balance to even out the annual revenues.
    Go tell that to these states. They seem to do pretty good without it. The Texas economy is the 8th largest economy in the world and that's compared to countries. Taxes always hinder an economy.

No State Income Tax - Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming. And residents of New Hampshire and Tennessee

Now property tax - Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Texas, and West Virginia
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Around 300 at my precinct at 5:30.

72 lost on this site. Jump on the Train. Still plenty of room.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I was 116 at 9:45 this morning
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Just shy of 300 overall at my prescient. I was 136 at 6:35pm on the red side of the ticket. Whole lot of blue downtown Columbia.
    Last edited by MediaGuy; 06-26-2018 at 09:33 PM.

What I find odd is 13000+ just didn't vote for atty general. That race is almost as important as gov to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    Go tell that to these states. They seem to do pretty good without it. The Texas economy is the 8th largest economy in the world and that's compared to countries. Taxes always hinder an economy.

No State Income Tax - Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming. And residents of New Hampshire and Tennessee

Now property tax - Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Texas, and West Virginia
    I don't have time to research it or build an analysis of historical revenue flows, etc, but don't each of the States you've listed have two of the three main categories of taxes, and possibly some specific ones most others don't?
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

A friend of mine in TEXAS says, "our property taxes go directly to our our local school district, so we see what we're paying for." There is a lot to be said for that, instead of being run thru the state, then the county...etc... too many executives with degrees in animal husbandry. Just saying.

Caught this on FB about McMaster's victory

Capture.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbaweave View Post
    A friend of mine in TEXAS says, "our property taxes go directly to our our local school district, so we see what we're paying for." There is a lot to be said for that, instead of being run thru the state, then the county...etc... too many executives with degrees in animal husbandry. Just saying.
    I assumed that property taxes in all states went to funding for the schools in that taxpayers district. If that’s not the case then some folks have a lot of explaining to do.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    I assumed that property taxes in all states went to funding for the schools in that taxpayers district. If that’s not the case then some folks have a lot of explaining to do.
    Your property tax bill should have all of the separate line items documented so you can see right where your money is going... Schools vs County/City operations, etc.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'