Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tikka vs. Browning

It entails you removing two screws, then putting those two screws back in once you change the stock. It’s not hard at all.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    It entails you removing two screws, then putting those two screws back in once you change the stock. It’s not hard at all.
    See, when you say it in a dumbed down version like that, it really can't be that hard. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    And while you got the stock off I would adjust the trigger on it. Allen screw in trigger gaurd area. Some models you don’t have to remove the stock and some models you do. Tikka has a very clean and crisp trigger for a factory rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw View Post
    And while you got the stock off I would adjust the trigger on it. Allen screw in trigger gaurd area. Some models you don’t have to remove the stock and some models you do. Tikka has a very clean and crisp trigger for a factory rifle.
    You poor bastard.... you have an open invitation to come shoot a gun with a real trigger anytime bud..

And you fuckers said I was an asshole
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I have Browning, Remington and Savage rifles but don't own a Tikka. Not like I need another rifle but from reading this, maybe I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You poor bastard.... you have an open invitation to come shoot a gun with a real trigger anytime bud..

I own a Sako. It's okay. I shoot a BLR most of the time because I'm hunting, and it's prettier. I've got a couple Remingtons as well, two 700s. I like those also.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I own a Sako. It's okay. I shoot a BLR most of the time because I'm hunting, and it's prettier. I've got a couple Remingtons as well, two 700s. I like those also.
    Which Sako? What's it chambered in? How much do you want for it?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

300 wsm, it's not in me to ever sell a gun I've hunted with. It's the only long gun or shotgun that I own without wood on it.

I take that back, I have this mossberg nwtf gun that I won.. It's all syntheticy and ugly as hell.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 06-26-2018 at 07:49 AM.

Both are really good hunting rifles. If you go with the laminated Tikka, you won’t need to upgrade the stock. Those laminates are epoxy impregnated and weatherproof and stable as any fiberglass stock. Having it bedded would be a good upgrade. I’ve killed a ton of game with an Abolt. The long range fad has caused people to stat doing a ton if silly shit to rifles that generally don’t get shot beyond 250-300 yards.
    Last edited by FLS; 06-26-2018 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    The long range fad has caused people to stat doing a ton if silly shit to rifles that generally don’t get shot beyond 250-300 yards.
    I LOL'd and realized I'm guilty. I'm trying to move away from that, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    A Sako is what a Tikka wants to be when it grows up. They come from the same place.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I have both.... x-bolt in 308. and T3 in .270 I'll go for the tikka 9 times out of 10..... need to sell my x-bolt and get another tikka in .308.
    Last edited by ReelHard; 06-26-2018 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReelHard View Post
    I have both.... x-bolt in 308. and T3 in .270 I'll go for the tikka 9 times out of 10..... need to sell my x-bolt and get another tikka in .308.
    $500.00 at EuroOptic.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Both are really good hunting rifles. If you go with the laminated Tikka, you won’t need to upgrade the stock. Those laminates are epoxy impregnated and weatherproof and stable as any fiberglass stock. Having it bedded would be a good upgrade. I’ve killed a ton of game with an Abolt. The long range fad has caused people to stat doing a ton if silly shit to rifles that generally don’t get shot beyond 250-300 yards.
    This right chere^^^^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

t3 and he'll be plenty happy!...if budget allows, take a look at a sako 85 on eurooptic....considered both heavily until settling on a sauer 100

Quote Originally Posted by cleancutredneck View Post
    t3 and he'll be plenty happy!...if budget allows, take a look at a sako 85 on eurooptic....considered both heavily until settling on a sauer 100
    Sako 85 Synthetic Black at EO in ‘06 is $899.00, .270 is $949.00.

I’ve got a 75 Hunter in 7mm08, 85 FinnBear in 7mmRM and a Finnlight in .300WM, all of them shoot well and are a pleasure to carry. I’ve got a Bavarian Carbine 85 in .308 on order but no telling when it’ll be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post

Hey dumb fuck. I will type this a little slower this time. Tikka has a very clean and crisp trigger for a factory rifle. Is it the best? No. Can you buy better? Yes. Do I need to ride to Georgia to shoot custom rifle with a good trigger? No I think I’ll walk out the door and shoot one of my own but thanks for the invite. Hopefully I typed it slow enough for you to comprehend.

Tikka
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

Browning , only cause I haven’t seen a tikka sticker on the back glass . They gotta be good guns if people are advertising for free.