Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tikka vs. Browning

Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw View Post
    Hey dumb fuck. I will type this a little slower this time. Tikka has a very clean and crisp trigger for a factory rifle. Is it the best? No. Can you buy better? Yes. Do I need to ride to Georgia to shoot custom rifle with a good trigger? No I think I’ll walk out the door and shoot one of my own but thanks for the invite. Hopefully I typed it slow enough for you to comprehend.
    Officially nicknaming you sally
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

These were the first shots from my Xbolt .308 when I sighted it in. This was about 110 yards. I'm no rifle guru but I don't think you will have a problem whatever way you go. Throw a scope on it and kill stuff.

IMG_20160923_182141526_HDR.jpg

Also for the sako fan boys. Enjoy those extractor issues and let you know where to make the checks payable too when they happen. Not knocking sako but they all have their gremlins except the 700
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    Factory rifle that shoots groups the size of a quarter @300yrds...I'm calling bullshit. It may be true, but I'd have to see it to believe it.
    Was just stating what I have done and do, and that i like both rifles, I really do not consider a 300yd shot a "long Shot" but if ever Camden way, we can shoot at the 300yd mark, then have a beer!! And while i do not consider myself a redneck, nor have I ever purchased a firearm from Academy, but thanks for your concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Also for the sako fan boys. Enjoy those extractor issues and let you know where to make the checks payable too when they happen. Not knocking sako but they all have their gremlins except the 700
    I’ve heard of the extractor issues but never had one issue with it. Then again the optics I have on my 85’s are 50 and 56mm objectives. Low on the 50 and medium on the 56. The extractor issue seems to come up in LA cartridges with large tube scopes mounted in Extra Low rings and in most instances is when the bolt is cycled hard and fast.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by big b View Post
    Was just stating what I have done and do, and that i like both rifles, I really do not consider a 300yd shot a "long Shot" but if ever Camden way, we can shoot at the 300yd mark, then have a beer!! And while i do not consider myself a redneck, nor have I ever purchased a firearm from Academy, but thanks for your concerns.
    I would love to see it one day. You must be one hell of a good shot. A quarter sized group would be about .3 MOA @300yrds. That takes fantastic trigger control and great breathing technique...not to mention one hell of a accurate rifle. Maybe it's more common than I think as I've never been involved in the precision long-range game, but I have seen hundreds of folks shoot at 200, 300, and 500yrds and I know what a little breeze will do to bullets at those ranges. If you can shoot that well on a semi consistent basis, more power to you!
    Oh...and I wasn't calling you, in particular, a redneck.
    Last edited by MKW; 06-26-2018 at 02:13 PM.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

A bolt II stainless stalker. Never been a Browning fan, but I absolutely love this gun. Very accurate and handles great. 300WSM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    $500.00 at EuroOptic.
    They have the Tikka t3 Forest in 6.5x55 that I’m trying real hard not to buy.

Might be a little out of your price range but check out the Barrett fieldcraft,,, I'm getting ready to order one in 6.5 creedmoor,, after I held it , I fell on love
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpknocker View Post
    Might be a little out of your price range but check out the Barrett fieldcraft,,, I'm getting ready to order one in 6.5 creedmoor,, after I held it , I fell on love
    Mauser is also making an affordable rifle now, believe it's around $700.00 and on a 98 action.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpknocker View Post
    But how do they shoot? I knew they were coming out with that rifle but I have not personally seen a whole lot about them other than a couple reviews from self-proclaimed gun testers.

Quote Originally Posted by fowlshot View Post
    But how do they shoot? I knew they were coming out with that rifle but I have not personally seen a whole lot about them other than a couple reviews from self-proclaimed gun testers.
    Sub moa all day
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Tikka with Talley rings. Now the thread can be closed!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Can you hit a pie plate at 100 yards? That’s what you need to be asking yourself

Quote Originally Posted by jevans View Post
    Can you hit a pie plate at 100 yards? That’s what you need to be asking yourself
    Ahh, the ole 1980's 30-06 woodsmaster theology.....

I'll say Browning, just to go against the grain.

Tikka by a long shot.Alex at Euro Optics is your go to.

Quote Originally Posted by jevans View Post
    This guy gets it

cabelas got the t3 300 winmag for $479

https://www.cabelas.com/product/barg...2.uts?slotId=9