Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John Warren?

Default John Warren?

Admittedly, I don’t follow politics all that closely, but I have a neighbor who is related to John Warren. After talking with him, I’ve done a little reaearch and also heard him speak recently. He seems like a pretty good dude, who shares similar conservative values as myself. Any chance he takes down McMaster in the primary tomorrow?

Nope
    Windows Down!

No. Too many voters won't look at the details; only see the commercials and news where Trump supports McMaster.

Warren has a very good chance of winning... McMaster didn't get 50% in the primary. All the other candidates put their support behind Warren. Warren's people are more motived to vote in a primary run-off than McMaster's...

Vote - it matters....
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Tom Davis endorsed John Warren.

I think the Trump endorsement carries some weight in SC

Trump is the effect not the cause...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

He's the under dog, but has a chance. Even better if people get out to vote. Probably only be around 300k people that vote tomorrow. 1% is only 3000 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    I think the Trump endorsement carries some weight in SC
    I think the VC Summer fiasco carries some weight in SC too...
    Last edited by turbo; 06-25-2018 at 03:47 PM.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Phil Robertson was in Greenville endorsing John Warren last Thursday

Not sure why, but Warren gives me the John McCain feeling.

i havent decided yet....but I have issues with what warren SAYS he can do and what he can actually do. I think we have all seen it before where a first timer thinks they can actually change the system. THAT is the part I fear...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

The election comes down to the two best cult of personality examples in modern times and neither of them is the actual candidate. I'd imagine Nate Silver won't even attempt a prediction on this one.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

I don't like McMaster, he has the look of someone who lies.

But i can't pass up a trump endorsed candidate!

Chuga chuga Mac Mac master choochoooo

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i havent decided yet....but I have issues with what warren SAYS he can do and what he can actually do. I think we have all seen it before where a first timer thinks they can actually change the system. THAT is the part I fear...
    If you think about it, you really have nothing to lose since the Guvna's office is not much more than a bully pulpit with the ability to make certain appointments.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I don't like McMaster, he has the look of someone who lies.

But i can't pass up a trump endorsed candidate!

Chuga chuga Mac Mac master choochoooo
    Agree
    80-20 Genaration

Questions to consider:

Has Henry made bad decisions as governor?

If Warren comes in with the "Drain the Swamp" mentality in a legislative controlled state will he be effective with his agenda?

If SC needs the federal gov for something, which candidate can produce?

And most important, who says Guvnah the coolest?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Warren is South Carolina’s Trump! Drain the Swamp in Columbia! It has to start somewhere. If SC was sold on Mac we would not be having a Primary.

Think about state government this way.

Re: The conservative spectrum. The senate is controlled from the left. The house from the right.
    I have been there 12 years. Sandford and Haley were both further to the right. They were able to shape some issues by pulling an agenda to the right.

Bills are a compromise from the respective positions of the two bodies, the house and senate. That means somewhere in the middle.

If a Governor is too far to the right they are quickly ignored by both bodies. Vetoes get over-ridden. The governor becomes insignificant.

Haley and Sanford both wanted to do away with legislators who were not conservative enough for them. It rarely worked. Voters like their rep but not the legislature. Past governors just became more insignificant to the process. You end up ineffective.

The Gov must deal with the house and senate leadership honestly. You cannot flip flop and change with polling data. Your word is all you really have up there. I met with Henry the night he was sworn in. I told him I was concerned he may end up being too much "go along and get along." He has not been. He has been more conservative than I expected and has been a man of his word.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Think about state government this way.

Re: The conservative spectrum. The senate is controlled from the left. The house from the right.
    I have been there 12 years. Sandford and Haley were both further to the right. They were able to shape some issues by pulling an agenda to the right.

Bills are a compromise from the respective positions of the two bodies, the house and senate. That means somewhere in the middle.

If a Governor is too far to the right they are quickly ignored by both bodies. Vetoes get over-ridden. The governor becomes insignificant.

Haley and Sanford both wanted to do away with legislators who were not conservative enough for them. It rarely worked. Voters like their rep but not the legislature. Past governors just became more insignificant to the process. You end up ineffective.

The Gov must deal with the house and senate leadership honestly. You cannot flip flop and change with polling data. Your word is all you really have up there. I met with Henry the night he was sworn in. I told him I was concerned he may end up being too much "go along and get along." He has not been. He has been more conservative than I expected and has been a man of his word.
    Who is your pick to win tomorrow?
    Last edited by ecu1984; 06-25-2018 at 06:02 PM.