Thread: Strava Global Heatmap

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Strava Global Heatmap

Anybody else heard of this? It track Fitbit, Jawbones and Garmin wearable devices along with fitness phone apps and applies them to a world map.

You can go here to the site Global Heatmap. Then go to the search window and type any location. I typed in "South Carolina, United States". Here's a screenshot:

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I saw a story a while back where this type of mapping was creating maps of US (and other) military bases worldwide. Servicemen using the fitness trackers were unwittingly showing the roads, paths, and outlines of their installations to the world.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by Beauregard View Post
    I saw a story a while back where this type of mapping was creating maps of US (and other) military bases worldwide. Servicemen using the fitness trackers were unwittingly showing the roads, paths, and outlines of their installations to the world.
    Yeah there's a video out there that shows that activity. On the map you only see a compilation of movement, but the ability to break it down to specific people on any given day is there. That ain't good in my book. The site says you can block your own data from other eyes. I bet I know several "eyes" that use alphabets, and any number of hackers, that can't be blocked out. We know how that "control your own data" works.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

What that map tells me is everybody around where I live is lazy as hell......

It just reminded me that I'm equal distances from Columbia and Sumter, that's pretty nappy.