Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bargain safe...

Default Bargain safe...

I know it's cheap, but anyone had a good experience with this?
    https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...e?cm_vc=-10005
    Christian Southern White Heterosexual Gun-Toting Male (The world's most hated minority)

I'm sure there's much nicer, but that seems to be A LOT of safe for the money.

I have an older cannon (2006) and no complaints. As mentioned, I’m sure there’s nicer but for that price I’d gamble.
    “Get out among the mountains and trees, friend, as soon as you can. They will do more for you than either man or woman could.” Theodore Roosevelt to John Muir after his wife's passing in 1905.

Academy in Columbia has 14 gun stack on brand safes for 99.00. Not fireproof tho

For the money, you will not be able to do much better than that at the sale price. It just depends on how much you want to spend. Prices go up as the quality goes up.

Buddy of mine bought one a few years ago and has been happy with it. It's actually pretty good quality. As stated, there are much nicer ones, but can't beat the price point on this one.

Hell, he dumped it out of the back of the truck on the road taking off at an intersection 500 yards from where he bought it so I know it will survive that...

I inherited one from my dad when he passed.

It's good enough for my purposes.

For the price, I'm not sure it can be beat, really.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

I bought the same safe for $699 at Thanksgiving. I like it although it's maxed out at about 35 shotguns. One of the handles has a thread problem, but for that price you can't go wrong. I had a business call with Tractor Supply a few months back and in learning about their company, they are the #1 safe retailer in the world.
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

Save up and buy a browning. Best thing i ever did
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Got 2 of those and love them
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I laughed at the review where the buyer's safe door fell off when he opened the safe.

I bought one today while at TC. That’s a heck of a deal.
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Save up and buy a browning. Best thing i ever did
    Why is your Browning any better?

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Why is your Browning any better?
    Cause it's a Browning man! Don't you know nothing? Same reason a Yeti is the mostest bestest cooler God ever created.

You need to keep up.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

That Cannon is about the best you are going to get for that price but a Browning safe would be better. Browning is also going to be more expensive. I researched all this mess a few years ago. Most brands have different levels of safes with differing specs. The more you want to pay, the better the fire rating, gauge of steel, locks, interior, customer service, etc. You just have to figure out how much you want to spend and go from there.

So how do you get the damn thing on the second floor? Will the average moving company come do a gun safe install?

There is safe moving company in North Charleston that will put it on a second floor. I think its at the corner of 78 and college park rd area. Berkeley Locksmith I believe
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    So how do you get the damn thing on the second floor? Will the average moving company come do a gun safe install?
    PVC Pipe, about 8-10 3' sections, and push her up.

Quote Originally Posted by ersepton View Post
    PVC Pipe, about 8-10 3' sections, and push her up.
    I doubt pvc will roll up stairs. I'm not inclined to try to wrestle a 550 lbs. safe up stairs.

Thanks for the lead Chuck. I'll give them a call.