Thread: Vortex Viper PST Gen II 2.5-10x44 FFP

Default Vortex Viper PST Gen II 2.5-10x44 FFP

Anybody have any experience with these?

Looking down the road as a possible SPR scope for an AR - my "requirements" are first focal plane, parallax adjustment, good mil-based reticle, not huge or too heavy (this one ain't light - I want it "scaled" to an AR in size, though). Illuminated reticle is a plus. Repeatable click values and rugged.

Just curious. All the Leupold and NightForce options are too rich for my blood in the foreseeable future.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Good scope. It will do everything you want. The Gen 2s PSTs are way better than the Gen 1s, and right on the heels of the Gen 1 Razors.
    Last edited by FLS; 06-22-2018 at 07:05 PM.

Got a GenII 5-25 waiting for my Valkrye, just waiting on the barrel. Was going to stick with the Burris, but they want $400 more for the Horus recticle! For $400 I’ll try the Vortex.

I’ve shot one on a friends rifle and can’t tell any difference in the glass compared to the Burris. I just hate Vortex’s system on how you have to set the zero stop. It’s a PITA compared to Burris.

I'm wondering which is more rugged if I use this for work. Vortex vs Burris. Not likely to get beat up or banged around, but I know me... The Burris equivalent in magnification is the XTR II 2.5-10x42mm.

Wondering if it's more of a pain in the ass to set zero stop than the older NXS NightForces.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I have the Vortex Viper Gen 2 5-25x50 on an FN .300wsm. It has impressed me so far, although it is heavy and a bit big

If the price was within $150, I’d go Burris. Just for the simplicity of loosen 2 set screws, turn the knob and re-tighten. The Vortex is not that simple, it’s a PITA compared to Burris. That being said, I guess for $400 I’ll learn to deal with it...... (I’m just a tight ass sometimes)

Glass wise they’re the same. Durability wise can’t testify about the Vortex, but my 2 Burris have served me well. Thousands of rounds and several matches and they’re still fine.
    Last edited by Tha Dick; 06-23-2018 at 10:11 AM.