Thread: Scope mounting question

Default Scope mounting question

I’m in the market for a new scope and wanted to set up a few bolt rifles so I could easily swap the scope between them.

Since one rifle has a rail mount I was going to add rails to the others.

Anyone familiar with a solid quick release ring/mount option (or some better way to do it)?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, ZRO Delta. I have 4 and love them. Worth the money if you swap between rifles like I do. They have a guaranteed return to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by saltedbutter View Post
    Yes, ZRO Delta. I have 4 and love them. Worth the money if you swap between rifles like I do. They have a guaranteed return to zero.
    It'll return to zero if you take it off and put it back on the same rifle but the zero won't be the same from rifle to rifle. I assume the OP realizes he will need to sight in the rifle everytime he swaps to a different gun, or possible write down and use turret offsets.

Zero place for this on a rifle unless you're swapping between day and night optics. As stated above no two zeros will be the same.
    Not to mention if you're too cheap to buy two scopes you're way too cheap to buy a repeatable mount
    Last edited by Griffin; 06-22-2018 at 01:20 PM.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I have the LaRue QD mount for my Trijicon scope on my AR, but I'm not planning on taking it off unless, as Griffin said, I put a night optic on it. Which is the long term plan.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

QDs are really best for multiple scopes for one rifle, not multiple rifles for one scope.

I figured I could mark the zeros for each rifle on the turret and minimize the return to zero issue that way. Is that not a realistic approach? I’ve never done it so maybe it isn’t that simple.

yes it can be done, but not ideal. I just take a pic of the turrets when I have to swap them from different rifles and dial to where i know its zero'd

Larue or Sphur. I Have a friend that does it. He re-checks his zero everytime he changes.