Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help Contacts . Winyah / North Inlet Marshes

Default Need Help Contacts . Winyah / North Inlet Marshes

I am coming from the mountains of NC to fish the North Inlet marshes next week. This will be my second trip there. I thought there was a thread on this site for help contacts in various areas but can not find it. If someone can tell me where that link is (if it exists) I'd appreciate it.

If that thread does not exist, Is there anyone here that would post or PM their contact information for help if I need it?

If I were to buy emergency service insurance in the Georgetown area do you recommend Sea Tow or BoatUS?

I have a small boat (GoDevil 1660) so am careful with picking my days to go across to the marshes. Just want to be prepared for an unexpected break down.

Thanks,

Jack Jensen

Sea Tow in Georgetown is very good
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

This may help depending on where and how much you usually use your boat but both Sea Tow and BoatUS have operations in Winyah Bay and may cover your usual stomping grounds. They both have good coastal coverage but I use BoatUS because they do have good coverage of the upstate lakes in SC and NC. $150ish a year is a great piece of mind when out on the water and cover's boat trailer problems too.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

You need to find a new best friend at Debordieu.
    DILLIGAF

If you have Progressive for your boat insurance- you might inquire about their Sign & Glide program. It is a $30 per year add on to your policy that offers on-water assistance such as towing, fuel etc. They give you a number to a dispatch center and response time is supposed to be good. I basically think they outsource to the nearest provider- SeaTow/BoatUS etc. There is good info on The Hull Truth regarding it. I have the Sign & Glide on my flats boat- but have never used it.

Get TowBoat in Gtown. Doubt there’s many people that know the area like Ronnie Campbell.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    If you have Progressive for your boat insurance- you might inquire about their Sign & Glide program. It is a $30 per year add on to your policy that offers on-water assistance such as towing, fuel etc. They give you a number to a dispatch center and response time is supposed to be good. I basically think they outsource to the nearest provider- SeaTow/BoatUS etc. There is good info on The Hull Truth regarding it. I have the Sign & Glide on my flats boat- but have never used it.
    I have Progressive, my SeaTow has expired, and have never heard of Sign & Glide. Guess I'll be doing some homework @THT.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

yall aint helpin this fella catch fish....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

It would never even occur to me to worry about SeaTow in a john boat in June in SC. There is another boat behind every blade of grass. Fishing offshore in the 70's often meant you might be the only boat in the area trolling 65 miles out with a shit radio, Loran, and some ratty flare gun. Fisherman went fishing...

Bring some eggs to cook on the deck and plenty of cold beers to stay hydrated while waiting on the tow.

Bug spray, several cans!
    Low country redneck who moved north

You should have no trouble accessing NI across Muddy Bay with that boat. Watch the wind and tide directions, Winyah Bay can get sporty. Spottail bass, trout and flounder should be plentiful. Tarpon will be getting thick. A live finger mullet will provide lots of action.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    It would never even occur to me to worry about SeaTow in a john boat in June in SC. There is another boat behind every blade of grass. Fishing offshore in the 70's often meant you might be the only boat in the area trolling 65 miles out with a shit radio, Loran, and some ratty flare gun. Fisherman went fishing...
    Thanks JabIII, I did the same thing in the late 70’s out of Mayport FL. 17 foot Mako, 3 extra gas tanks, we’d run 40 miles with nothing but a compass lookin for little flags marking a reef. Usually knew someone making the same run. I am not worried about fishing the marsh. My initial question was looking for a post from other members who fished the area and could be contacted in a pinch. I could not find that thread, it may be on another site. If you ever come to Spruce Pine, NC and want some advice on where to fish ( I float for smallmouth) or need some help, contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    You should have no trouble accessing NI across Muddy Bay with that boat. Watch the wind and tide directions, Winyah Bay can get sporty. Spottail bass, trout and flounder should be plentiful. Tarpon will be getting thick. A live finger mullet will provide lots of action.
    Thanks Gregory, last fall I put in at Yawkee Wildlife Center at the end of S Island Rd, crossed over and fished Jones Creek. It rained all day, downpours at times, but still managed to catch a few trout. I’d like to try Oyster Bay this time. Will be there Wednesday and Thursday, weather looks good, light winds, should be no problem.

Have fun! It is a beautiful area. Deeper pockets at low tide around Oyster Bay will be full of spottails.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Come home by the strongest radio signal...

Still have several rolls of graphs upstairs from years gone.

Quote Originally Posted by onwaterillbe View Post
    If you ever come to Spruce Pine, NC and want some advice on where to fish ( I float for smallmouth) or need some help, contact me.
    How has the fishing been this year? Would love to see some pics if you get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    Come home by the strongest radio signal...

Still have several rolls of graphs upstairs from years gone.
    Not knowing where you would wind up, depending on how far N the stream pushed you during the day. "Which water tower is that?"

If you are on FB, there is a Winyah Bay "group" that you could join. Sometimes content is decent.

Smallmouth fishing was great on the Toe River earlier in the spring then the rain set in. Water is just now getting clear and low enough to fish.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    If you are on FB, there is a Winyah Bay "group" that you could join. Sometimes content is decent.

I’ll check it out