Thread: 28 Nosler

Default 28 Nosler

Does anyone on here know where they might have some 28 nosler ammo in stock? Every website I have looked on they are out of stock.

Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Why ya'll buy all these odd ball calibers and don't reload. You know ammo id going to be hard to find if not discontinued.

Cause it kills them more deader. Way more deader than a 7mm magnum.
    Last edited by FLS; 06-20-2018 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Cause it kills them more deader. Way more deader than a 7mm magnum.
    How you going to kill'um more deader if you ain't got no bullets?

You have a point...

Quote Originally Posted by deerslayerjohn View Post
    Why ya'll buy all these odd ball calibers and don't reload. You know ammo id going to be hard to find if not discontinued.
    This
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

https://hendershots.net/product/28-n...e-custom-ammo/

Couple of boxes of this and you could buy a rifle with affordable ammo.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Amen!......but I prefer Redding
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

A basic fact of shooting is that practically no rifle, I don't care how expensive/exotic/boutique it is, is going to shoot great with every load you shoot in it. This means that if you choose anything other than a mainstream caliber, you may very well have a difficult time finding an acceptable load for it. Handloading is an entirely different matter. It gives you the ability to experiment and tailor a particular load to your rifle. So, in other words, if you go with a non-mainstream caliber, you better be prepared to learn to handload.

EDIT: And another thing......when you buy ammo and find a load that your gun likes (more than one good group, of course), buy plenty of it BUT, check the box and make sure it is from the same lot. Components often change from lot to lot. When it does, all bets are off. Might shoot....might not. When handloading, you control the parameters. Sometimes you will discover a load that tends to work well in a number of rifles. I call them universal loads. I found one in .270 with a 130gr. bullet, another couple in .308 and one in .223 using Varget. Speaking of .308, Federal has some sort of special magic when it comes to Gold Medal Match ammo. Darn stuff shoots well in a lot of rifles. I don't know exactly how they do it, but they seem to get it done with a high degree of regularity.

One of my friends did load development for Jarrett Rifles. He found the same thing about different rifles (made just alike) liking different loads. Sometimes they like the same load/sometimes they don't. Like my youngest son in college says.....you never know till you know. That is part of the fun and mystique in handloading. It is a brave new world. Give it a try.....but don't extrapolate data....it can hurt.
    Last edited by CWPINST; 06-22-2018 at 03:53 PM.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by CWPINST View Post
    A basic fact of shooting is that practically no rifle, I don't care how expensive/exotic/boutique it is, is going to shoot great with every load you shoot in it. This means that if you choose anything other than a mainstream caliber, you may very well have a difficult time finding an acceptable load for it. Handloading is an entirely different matter. It gives you the ability to experiment and tailor a particular load to your rifle. So, in other words, if you go with a non-mainstream caliber, you better be prepared to learn to handload.
    There is truth to that for mass production guns. I can build a 28 Nosler and tell you exactly what projectile, powder type, and get OAL with in +/- .010. Only real variant is powder volume but most of that is specific to velocity nodes which are somewhat predictable based of barrel length and atmospherics.
    There is no unknown variant from gun to gun only human error in manufacturing of both the weapon and the ammunition
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

http://coppercreekammo.com/calibers-we-load/

Another option, if you strike out with factory loads and don't handload yourself.