Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Da Bears

My grandfather always said a bear acted like a cross between a wild hog and a dog. Nasty, stinking creatures. You can smell them when they are nearby. His affinity for them peaked every August. Just when his apples were ripening up, they would climb his trees and tear them all to hell. He would complain and cuss about them, but he never had an inclination to shoot one. He figured they were there first and were given a pass. We have seen a large increase over the past twenty years. If you all will remember, large sections of the Southern Appalachians burned in the fall of 2016. Overall, this was great for the woods. I suspect all of the new understory grow has enhanced their food supply. The fires themselves probably forced some bears to find new home ranges and they adapted and liked what they found.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Surely you got some good photos in that you would like to share....
    I put two of them here...http://scducks.com/forum/showthread....ng-the-Parkway

I'll have to load some of the "creeper" bear when I get home this evening...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

^ I missed those pics the first time you posted them Rubberhead ^

Cool pics for sure.

Is that Mom in the 2nd picture Rubberhead? That bear does not look happy you took the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Barrels View Post
    Is that Mom in the 2nd picture Rubberhead? That bear does not look happy you took the picture.
    I think it was but I'm not positive. Last time we saw the mom with her cubs they were running away from us down hill. The cubs were literally right on her heels. We walked about 50 yards to an overlook and the big bear came out into the clearing but she didn’t have the cubs with her - we never saw them again. Mother black bears don’t protect their young and she never acted aggressive at all. She just seemed interested in eating some of the browse growing in the opening. At first she was closer to the car than I was so I, as casually as possible, made up most of the distance and made sure the doors were unlocked before I started taking pictures.

The first bear was saw was this creeper. He didn’t run but watched us from a thicket. He was yawning and sticking out his tongue. We actually tried to get a tad closer to get a picture but he just stared and started doing that exaggerated mouth thing constantly. I took a couple of photos and we backed out very carefully. I was not at all comfortable with how he was acting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

No bears here yet. Finally got some grass cut up here so we can see one if it does show. Creek bath and lounge in the hammock. Wyatt hangs out w the elk in the yard though.

Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

There's one that's taken up residence at Cowpens Battlefield and is wiggin' out all the bikers and runners.

Beanhunter, please get that boy a better bucket before dove season!

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

All runners are scared of bears. ALL of them.....

I'd say 99.9%

That 0.01% will pull a knife and dig in.

What about the other 0.09%?

Dangit! I got decimaled.

Haha