Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting..

I thought it got warm today.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

i dont feel sorry for the coach.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    Depends on pre-existing conditions and what the coaching staff knew. You could die from just about damn near anything preventable.
    What the WYFF article fails to mention is that he died from " a pre-existing heart condition exacerbated by the heat that afternoon". That according to the Lexington county coroner and The State Paper

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.thest...100234652.html

Why would someone want to play football?

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    What the WYFF article fails to mention is that he died from " a pre-existing heart condition exacerbated by the heat that afternoon". That according to the Lexington county coroner and The State Paper

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.thest...100234652.html
    Alot more facts in that article. But still no negligence that I saw on the staff.

I feel for the kids family, his team mates, coaches, and all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Alot more facts in that article. But still no negligence that I saw on the staff.

I feel for the kids family, his team mates, coaches, and all involved.
    Page six of the summons states that Simkins went down to a knee after struggling to do up-downs and couldn't get up or catch his breath. Coaches yelled for the players to pull him up to continue. He did one more, than went down for good. That would weigh heavily on me.

As far as negligence, the plaintiff's attorneys will use that point to go after the defendants. If the staff knew he had a pre-existing heart condition, he shouldn't have been pushed to that point. If his parents knew he had that condition, and didn't tell the coaches or training staff, they bare some responsibility.
    Last edited by Moonlight Hunter; 06-19-2018 at 09:13 PM.

Page six of the summons states that Simkins went down to a knee after struggling to do up-downs and couldn't get up or catch his breath. Coaches yelled for the players to pull him up to continue. He did one more, than went down for good. That would weigh heavily on me.

As far as negligence, the plaintiff's attorneys will use that point to go after the defendants. If the staff knew he had a pre-existing heart condition, he shouldn't have been pushed to that point. If his parents knew he had that condition, and didn't tell the coaches or training staff, they bare some responsibility.
    You do understand that the Complaint (not summons) is drafted by the Plaintiff’s attorney- so take it with a grain of salt. Moreover, even if true, so what? It’s not like he went down and they made him work out for another half hour. No one knew he had the pre-existing condition from what I am told.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    You do understand that the Complaint (not summons) is drafted by the Plaintiff’s attorney- so take it with a grain of salt. Moreover, even if true, so what? It’s not like he went down and they made him work out for another half hour. No one knew he had the pre-existing condition from what I am told.
    I do, and the defendants haven't responded yet, so we'll see what they have to say. My only point is that if there was a pre-existing condition, who knew about it and when?

I do, and the defendants haven't responded yet, so we'll see what they have to say. My only point is that if there was a pre-existing condition, who knew about it and when?
    Read the other article. They found the heart condition during the autopsy. No one knew about it until afterwards. He had passed two sports physicals. Maybe we should sue the Dr too.

Pre-existing sounds like someone knew about it but the autopsy proved he wasn't dehydrated. He just simply had a bad heart that they discovered after he was dead.

Wonder if Bear Bryant crossed the line in Junction City, Texas?
    Damn right he did. No different than training a dog. You have to use sense.

Quote Originally Posted by fox View Post
    Because the soccer team was full and all of the anal beads were taken...
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

It all could be prevented by not playing football! You know what your getting into and your child is getting into when you sign up!

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Pride View Post
    i giggled
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Pride View Post
    DILLY DILLY

Sad situation, saw that in the paper yesterday

I feel for the parents however I think a lot of it will fall back on the physical exam prior to the season

When I was in college we had a guy on our basketball team during a game go in for a layup and hit the ground graveyard dead . NEVER will forget that . They found out later he had some heart issues that did not show up in the routine physical exams .

I know now days they HAVE to give water breaks every so often and when it is a certain temp I was thinking they could not practice and had to wait until it cools off some . I am thinking it has to be under 90 or 95 degrees (correct me if I am wrong )

When I played big thing was those salt tablets and water was what we got at the END of practice not during it . I am glad it has changed for the better

Quote Originally Posted by fox View Post
    Fresh ballyhoo works better...