My father is looking to control the mosquitoes around his yard a little more. He had a company come out about 2 weeks ago and sprayed, did the job and they slowly came back. The company came again and charged him $70 and recommend every 2-3 weeks spraying. He understands with heat and rain that the application rate changes and he is well aware it wasn't a fix all. He actually got a quote for a fixed system and it was a little more then he wanted to spend. He enjoy his time outside and around the pool so he is looking for a good fix.

I was at the local outdoor equipment shop the other day and noticed that the Stihl blower/sprayer is only $400 for the unit. Between that and the cost of the chemicals, that unit will pay for itself rather quickly. He sits on 1/2 acre lot with a lot of trees, bushes and shrubs around his property. I'm assuming he would be spraying those mostly and thats why I'm asking about a blower and not a sprayer.

How many of you are doing this and what chemicals are you using? I read the last thread and it was a couple years old, so just looking for a refresh.

Thanks TJ