Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sea Hunt vs Sportsman 25 ft

Out if the 40 dealerships in the country carrying Sportsman, we have found one 28 Open on a lot in Jersey. There are a couple tournament editions with different seating but only one Open. Several dealers say they have one "coming".

They all want to trade for my 23 ft Open because they don't have one of them either. We paid 70k. Have been told it is still worth 60K. I'm very happy for the success of Sportsman Boats because it is a SC company.

The point is we are finding it VERY difficult to spend Momma's money. The boat world is sold out and it takes three months to have one built. Choo Choo
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

#maga

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bilge access on Sportsman is fantastic for changing pumps etc. You can fit 5 gal buckets with cast nets etc no problem.

good luck, dt
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Out if the 40 dealerships in the country carrying Sportsman, we have found one 28 Open on a lot in Jersey. There are a couple tournament editions with different seating but only one Open. Several dealers say they have one "coming".

They all want to trade for my 23 ft Open because they don't have one of them either. We paid 70k. Have been told it is still worth 60K. I'm very happy for the success of Sportsman Boats because it is a SC company.

The point is we are finding it VERY difficult to spend Momma's money. The boat world is sold out and it takes three months to have one built. Choo Choo
    Since February we have built 19 282 Opens. 16 of those were built for retail sold customers. On that same production line the 252s are built. We've built 23 of those of which 14 were presold retail. To say the boat business is busy would be an understatement. Our production slots are sold out, mostly retail orders, for the next 3 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Not because of new saltwater fisherman, but it's the new hip thing to have on the lake. Radars, outriggers, bass speakers, gotta love it if your a boat maker. When the housing market goes up, so does the boat market. When will it pop?
    Low country redneck who moved north

Earnings are rising, confidence is up, economy is great.

There is demand for many products. The length of the recession caused everyone to wait. Now manufacturing and housing are very busy. I do not see a burst of the bubble unless something radical happens.

Interest rate hikes and inflation are the factors to watch. Expect 2020 to cool down some.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    Since February we have built 19 282 Opens. 16 of those were built for retail sold customers. On that same production line the 252s are built. We've built 23 of those of which 14 were presold retail. To say the boat business is busy would be an understatement. Our production slots are sold out, mostly retail orders, for the next 3 months.
    I would have thought you production would have been ten times that amount. But I know nothing about the industry. There sure are a lot of pretty and new boats everywhere I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Earnings are rising, confidence is up, economy is great.

There is demand for many products. The length of the recession caused everyone to wait. Now manufacturing and housing are very busy. I do not see a burst of the bubble unless something radical happens.

Interest rate hikes and inflation are the factors to watch. Expect 2020 to cool down some.
    I hope you are correct. The Fortune 100 CEO's and CFO's that I work with think otherwise and are preparing as such with operational costing strategies. In the short term it's a great market and economy. In the long-term I'm preparing so I can buy someone's 26+ Regulator or Southport that they over leveraged themselves for during this boom and can't afford any longer!

Gotta love 30 year financing on a friggin' boat!
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    Gotta love 30 year financing on a friggin' boat!
    People finance center consoles for 30 years? That's ridiculous.

Yep, I remember seeing payments listed at the boat show and how many years of financing it took to get that payment. If you have to finance a boat that long, you probably won't have enough money to get it fixed if it breaks after warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcid_Fowler View Post
    I hope you are correct. The Fortune 100 CEO's and CFO's that I work with think otherwise and are preparing as such with operational costing strategies. In the short term it's a great market and economy. In the long-term I'm preparing so I can buy someone's 26+ Regulator or Southport that they over leveraged themselves for during this boom and can't afford any longer!
    You’ll love the Southport. Driest CC I’ve ever been on.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

It is pretty wild though how lucrative the luxury / recreational toy industry is when the economy is doing well. DT - best of luck on the search. The few Sportsman boats I've gotten to ride on seem nice. Do you think you will do a colored hull?

GC - can you guys hang one of the 425's on anything yet? Any pics with one?

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    Jealous is what you are. Own it, or work harder.
    No jealousy. I have a boat. And I don't need to ass kiss with politicians. Go see Leatherman, he'll have buddy somewhere that has one.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Raid View Post
    No jealousy. I have a boat. And I don't need to ass kiss with politicians. Go see Leatherman, he'll have buddy somewhere that has one.
    Solid post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Elcid_Fowler View Post
    It is pretty wild though how lucrative the luxury / recreational toy industry is when the economy is doing well. DT - best of luck on the search. The few Sportsman boats I've gotten to ride on seem nice. Do you think you will do a colored hull?

GC - can you guys hang one of the 425's on anything yet? Any pics with one?
    330A7BDA-4B6E-4CD0-920C-FC110C5ACD70.jpg

Dang that a beast.

I need an old 23 seacraft
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    I need an old 23 seacraft
    They’re sweet when redone. But so does every flatdick in Florida. And they think they’re made from spun gold.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.