Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sea Hunt vs Sportsman 25 ft

I believe there is a 2017 Sportsman 282 with twin 300’s on THT that the guy says he needs sold ASAP.

Thanks Elcid
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

That 25 is sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcid_Fowler View Post
    I hope you are correct. The Fortune 100 CEO's and CFO's that I work with think otherwise and are preparing as such with operational costing strategies. In the short term it's a great market and economy. In the long-term I'm preparing so I can buy someone's 26+ Regulator or Southport that they over leveraged themselves for during this boom and can't afford any longer!
    It is the American Way. People go through an economic downturn when they can't afford 70" TV's and 28' boats. When the economy improves, they overextend themselves, because By God they deserve it. They borrow more than they can afford to pay back, the music stops, they have no chair, and the cycle continues. Prudent people accumulate cash during these times, invest the cash in liquid buckets that keep up with the inflation, and we buy the things that the other folks can no longer afford, at a discount.

It's hard to blame Americans for spending more than they have, and borrowing more than they could ever repay. Our government has been doing it for many many years.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

DT if you want a 25-26, you might as well go ahead and get a 28-30 because it won’t take long for 2ftitis to set in. There’s also a big difference in ride when you get to 28’. Getting that next wave instead of plowing through it makes a difference.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Sportsman. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    It's hard to blame Americans for spending more than they have, and borrowing more than they could ever repay. Our government has been doing it for many many years.
    From George Washington to John Adams and so on. Debt was really the economic foundation that our country was built on. They believed we had to have debt to play in the world market. I'm not so sure GW believed that but he didn't stop it from happening. John Adams and Alexander Hamilton are much to blame. Hell, we were in debt upto our eyes before we were even a country. France and the Netherlands financed our Revolutionary war.

70k is a beginners boat. Step up cheap asses. A new Ranger Bass boat cost that much.

We jumped all the way to the 28 ft with twin 300s.

Had to get it from New Jersey dealer, Guido has to ship to the Keys, on the way by Florence on 95 we will stuff some bags in it, put in water at Great Pine, fish a few weeks, wait for a trailer to be built and drive to Tavernier to pick up, go back to Ramrod, fish a couple weeks the load it up on new trailer and haul it back to the lake.

I love my wife and new boat. What do you think of the motors?

IMG_0244.jpg

That’s “reel” nice!
    Last edited by Relentlous; 06-23-2018 at 07:14 AM.
    867-5309

Very nice. I like the regular and the painted motors.

What tow vehicle are you gonna use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Sea Hunt vs Sportsman 25 ft

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    Very nice. I like the regular and the painted motors.

What tow vehicle are you gonna use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last year I was towing the 232 Sportsman Open to the Keys when I blew the transmission. Third trip did it in.

I just got the Denali 2500 diesel. That should do it.

IMG_0575.JPG
    Last edited by boondoggle; 06-23-2018 at 03:00 PM.

Congrats DT! Like stated I like both painted and non painted outboards. I'm sure it looks sharp in person. Send us some pics when you get her in person!

I would not have ordered one with the white motors because of the extra money.

I think I will enjoy the white and it will look different. I am basically getting a stretched out version of the 23 footer and the same color.

It is going to be more difficult going through the drive thru at McDonalds.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    SHE would not have ordered one with the white motors because of the extra money.

MY WIFE thinkS SHE will enjoy the white and it will look different. SHE IS basically getting a stretched out version of the 23 footer and the same color.

It is going to be more difficult ON MY WIFE going through the drive thru at McDonalds.
    Consistency please
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

She is concerned about the cushions and color. I yield to her wisdom.

250 on the 232 for sale?

Nice boat. 5k in motor paint. I don’t understand how other manufacturers do it for no cost.

Nice ride
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"