Thread: Lake Murray Drowning?

Default Lake Murray Drowning?

Any word on what happened over by Liberty on the Lake today?

http://www.wistv.com/story/38442825/...on-lake-murray
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

I don’t know the accuracy of this but I saw something that guy fell at the fuel dock and hit his head and went under.
    "...But this is football. This ain't tennis..." --CJ Spiller; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkNT9IxEu8

Damn that's horrible...
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Damn sad. I will say diving for dead bodies is one gruesome task. I always got the heebiejeebies doing that.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Saw an old SC Ducker on the news about recovery efforts. God Bless the people that do search and rescue, I can't imagine finding someone under water.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Damn sad. I will say diving for dead bodies is one gruesome task. I always got the heebiejeebies doing that.
    I was okay if I didn't bump into 'em face first in less than 4 inch viz.
    Last edited by Swamp Rat; 06-18-2018 at 11:36 AM.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    How could they have an oxygen tank big enough to keep you supplied with oxygen is my question.

Prayers for all involved. Uncle Tard always got to be on TV.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Reports are it was in 50' feet of water. I don't think that's the fuel docks. They were said to have been coming in and stopped for a swim.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Ive heard one on Keowee also. Both boaters were blown off a boat in a storm Saturday and only one made it back to the boat.

I saw inflatable preservers at Cabelas this weekend. I need to check more into those. DNR uses items like this.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

I know nothing about this case, but if he's that deep, he's likely NOT near solid/dry ground and, if whoever he was with had to go get help, or even drifted a bit, marking the spot would be a bitch. That having been said, they have a great team and some good tech working for them. Thoughts and prayers out to the family and also to those diving for him. It's not the safest job.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen