Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hottest Thing You've Ever Eaten?

Quote Originally Posted by HartClemson99 View Post
    I was going to type Explorers in Clemson back in 98-00. The wing was called Insanity I think. If you ate 5 wings they put your name on the wall and got dinner for free. Very few finished 5. I could only take 2 and begged for milk and a pitcher of beer. A toothpick tip of the sauce would light your mouth on fire.

As a side note, was that Josh Reed that was untied from the tree at the AGR House? That was a nasty tradition for the fools that got engaged in college.
    Oh yeah it was Josh. I got to my sister's place, and had fallen into this hellish type trance on the couch. Everything was dark so it was calming. C walked in, and hit the answering machine because E told her she needed to hear something. It was Roland's voice describing a situation, it's just kind of hard to forget his voice and the description he was giving. They asked me to go help, I remember it just because of the situation between me and the wings, plus it's not everyday your get a call to untie somebody naked from a tree. Felt like he was smeared in like Crisco, and maybe glitter and flower. I didn't want to make lighter their situation or make haste, but I knew I wouldn't out of the woods yet... I was probably standing there like a 3 year old that had to pee real bad. Josh had always been so cool that I wasn't going to complain.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 06-19-2018 at 06:29 AM.

its like you're living labluvrs dream. nekkid guys, crisco, and a burning ass.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Oh yeah it was Josh. I got to my sister's place, and had fallen into this hellish type trance on the couch. Everything was dark so it was calming. C walked in, and hit the answering machine because E told her she needed to hear something. It was Roland's voice describing a situation, it's just kind of hard to forget his voice and the description he was giving. They asked me to go help, I remember it just because of the situation between me and the wings, plus it's not everyday your get a call to untie somebody naked from a tree. Felt like he was smeared in like Crisco, and maybe glitter and flower. I didn't want to make lighter their situation or make haste, but I knew I wouldn't out of the woods yet... I was probably standing there like a 3 year old that had to pee real bad. Josh had always been so cool that I wasn't going to complain.

That was an old tradition at the house. When someone got engaged, they got gang tackled and wrestled out to the yard, tied to a big oak tree in the yard then anything and everything they could find in the industrial sized refrigerator and kitchen pantry was dumped on the poor new engaged brother. You name it: milk, old lasagna, hot sauce, buttermilk, mustard, cracked eggs, Crisco, mayonnaise, ketchup, jello mix, flour, sugar, grease, spices, old coleslaw, pudding, colored greens, chocolate milk, whatever. Sometimes brothers would leave extra nasty old stuff in the fridge knowing someone's time was coming. After they were good and covered with a menagerie of food nastiness, their fiancée was called to come untie them. As soon as the ladies were present and a nice picture was taken, they would get hosed off and presented to their lady.
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

And they paid dues for all this. Sounds awesome.

The salad days..

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Done the wing things at a couple places... worst was ordering Pad Thai on 10 out of 10 scale at an authentic Thai restaurant .

Lost 6 lbs the next day but got a lot of reading done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HartClemson99 View Post
    That was an old tradition at the house. When someone got engaged, they got gang tackled and wrestled out to the yard, tied to a big oak tree in the yard then anything and everything they could find in the industrial sized refrigerator and kitchen pantry was dumped on the poor new engaged brother. You name it: milk, old lasagna, hot sauce, buttermilk, mustard, cracked eggs, Crisco, mayonnaise, ketchup, jello mix, flour, sugar, grease, spices, old coleslaw, pudding, colored greens, chocolate milk, whatever. Sometimes brothers would leave extra nasty old stuff in the fridge knowing someone's time was coming. After they were good and covered with a menagerie of food nastiness, their fiancée was called to come untie them. As soon as the ladies were present and a nice picture was taken, they would get hosed off and presented to their lady.
    Been there, done that. Burnt motor oil and minced garlic left a stench...
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    We ate at your favorite Mexican restaraunt in greenwood last night.

We ordered a plate of grilled whole jalapeños took with the meal. While my sister was eating one she started laughing and somehow got a few jalapeño seeds in her nose. It was pretty funny seeing her reaction to that
    Houndsmen are born, not made

I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Carolina Reapers are very hot, as noted. I have grown them for four years now. At the end of every season, I dehydrate all of the unused ones and grind them into a shakable dust. It is not for the faint-hearted. Short of signing a release, I make sure people understand before I give them some that it is no BS. That being said, if someone really enjoys (not to prank friends and terrorize co-workers) hot stuff, PM me and I will see that you get some, at least enough to let you know you are alive. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    We ate at your favorite Mexican restaraunt in greenwood last night.

We ordered a plate of grilled whole jalapeños took with the meal. While my sister was eating one she started laughing and somehow got a few jalapeño seeds in her nose. It was pretty funny seeing her reaction to that
    Always an eventful trip to El Greenwoodero
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

I had the waiver ones at Carolina wings in Florence. I believe they were called beyond blistering. I finished em, along with a whole roll of paper towels, a pitcher of beer, some light bread and maybe even some milk. When I went to Clemson for my post grad, I went to explorers and saw the insanity ones along with all the pictures of the people that looked like they were one step from death. I had matured a little since my Carolina wing event and realized I didn't have anything to prove so I passed on them. I do miss explorers as well as the old ESSO. Spent a many night at both. Dr Nix would tell us to go get two plots and the first round was on him. If it was a big crowd we would go to ESSO and if just a few we would go to Goobers. Damn I miss those days.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    Carolina Reapers are very hot, as noted. I have grown them for four years now. At the end of every season, I dehydrate all of the unused ones and grind them into a shakable dust. It is not for the faint-hearted. Short of signing a release, I make sure people understand before I give them some that it is no BS. That being said, if someone really enjoys (not to prank friends and terrorize co-workers) hot stuff, PM me and I will see that you get some, at least enough to let you know you are alive. MG
    His aren't anything to play with......

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    They had your picture above the door and something about a trespass notice???
    Houndsmen are born, not made

I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I need a new keyboard and monitor.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Roland Alston?
    Carolina Counsel

Rowland, I meant to type, but yes.

AGr and the years fit. Went to law school with that fella.
    Carolina Counsel

There's a mess of us on here all around the same age. The world shrinks some when you get a bunch of South Carolina hunters talking about the past.

I think they cut the tree that they tied everyone to down in the last few years. All of the kitchen grease and motor oil poured on the newly engaged had deformed the base of the tree to where it had a burl at the base four times the diameter of the rest of the tree a few feet up.