Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Health Care or Sickness/Symptom Management?

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    "Sadly, many physicians have opted to sell their practices and give up their autonomy to a corporate entity. This is a major loss to our communities, as independent physician practices are some of the last refuges against the corporate practice of medicine. Just as sad are those doctors who try to stay afloat in the sea of acronyms, barely keeping their heads above water and seeing patients ever more hastily, with less patient face-to-face time, more stress, more rushing, more mistakes, and more frustration — all of which may lead to a dangerous decrease in the physician’s capacity for empathy."

The wife and I was talking about this yesterday. The days of a doctor actually owning his own business are diminishing year by year. This has affected several of the practices we've used over the years and it hasn't been for the better.
    I remember my grandmother telling me when I was around 15-16 that insurance and Medicare/aide were ruining the country and making people soft. “Being sick and careless should come with financial consequences. Used to you had to take care of yourself and be careful because we couldn’t afford to be sick or hurt.”

Single mother who raised 6 boys through the 40’s and 50’s. She was wise beyond her education.

I see a big part of the issue today is most have little to no financial skin in their healthcare game.

Fuck Epic. I use it daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    There is a small and somewhat silent faction of doctors who are ditching the .gov symptom management system and going into or opening cash only concierge practices. I think slowly, as doctors and patients abandon the take a pill medical practices, this problem will correct itself. At least for those willing to listen to the nutritional and exercise advice of their doctor and who are willing to make the smart choices and do the work. The lazy, it's too hard, immediate gratification crowd will continue to stand in line at CVS and die slow agonizing deaths in that system.
    the first crop of "lifestyle physicians" are hitting the streets soon. Seems like the AMA saw this coming, to some degree.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.