Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Gun for Concealed Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    Taran Tactical is the go-to adaptor for 43's, if you have the coin.
    Yeah they're alittle pricey but good stuff. I need to pick up a +3 extension to try.

I like my VP9 a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they get the bugs worked out of the 365?

I am thinking they have made some changes. It DOES make one hell of a firing pin drag, and that may be stressing the tip of the striker. It's new, so, yeah, bear that in mind.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I am thinking they have made some changes. It DOES make one hell of a firing pin drag, and that may be stressing the tip of the striker. It's new, so, yeah, bear that in mind.
    I've seen a lot of those complaints. I've also started to see some broken firing pins show up on youtube. Before that they had a failure to go into battery issue.

I am using the hyve mag extensions on my 43.
    I just bough a glock 19 gen 4 and have about 80 rounds through it and pleased so far. Trigger isn’t very good though but I have ordered a ghost ultimate connector.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

I got a 365 a couple of months ago. Sure enough I got light primer strikes, so it made a trip back to the mother ship. So far so good after getting it back, but only shot a couple hundred more through it. Got it in my pocket now. Carrying Federal HST’s ...for the insurance of softer primers. I really believe that SIG needs to put a stronger striker spring in the gun. It does feed smoothly and it ejects pretty consistently between three and 4 o’clock. It does not throw BTF like some of the Gen 4 G17 and 19’s will do occasionally with weak ammo. That is one reason I prefer the Gen 3 in 9mm.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

This is disappointing... after handling one the other day, I was impressed at face value and based on a couple of owners comments in the gun. With the MCX and some other crap, they seem to have issues getting stuff right out of the gate more than others I've seen.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Yeah, I rolled the dice. It does shoot well though and the front sight is nice. It is a joy to shoot for a small gun. Good ergonomics....at least for me.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

I carry a Glock 26 and so far it’s been a great gun for me.

“To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.”

Quote Originally Posted by clembo3 View Post
    I carry a Glock 26 and so far it’s been a great gun for me.

The 26 and 27s are hard to beat.

Several posts have been made regarding modifications to triggers/magazines/etc. I have never felt comfortable modifying my cc firearms due to possibly affecting their reliability.

Are there any concerns if done correctly, or am I overthinking it?

it depends on the mods. on a carry gun I would just polish thefactory internals and call it good. On most striker fired guns the trigger bar/ safety plunger engagement has a huge effect on trigger feel. Polish the snot out of those engagement surfaces and you'll see a big difference. Flitz and a Dremel polishing pad will give you the results you want without allowing you to really remove any metal. As for mag extensions, I would get one from a company that has made competition extensions for a while. They'll have the bugs worked out. Then I would shoot the snot out of it to be sure.
    Last edited by FLS; 06-16-2018 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BugBuster View Post
    I am using the hyve mag extensions on my 43.
    I just bough a glock 19 gen 4 and have about 80 rounds through it and pleased so far. Trigger isn’t very good though but I have ordered a ghost ultimate connector.
    That's what I have in mine. However, I think I did some whole Ghost ultimate package of I recall correctly. Had a different plunger spring and a few other things, I think.

Overall, I am very pleased with it (still not as pleased as my Shield, though).

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

This is disappointing... after handling one the other day, I was impressed at face value and based on a couple of owners comments in the gun. With the MCX and some other crap, they seem to have issues getting stuff right out of the gate more than others I've seen.
    If you check youtube and other forums you will see that the 365 has had it's share of problems so far. Seems like SIG is kind of dropping the ball.

I know this has been discussed in the past and maybe I should make another thread, but how are yall concealed carrying? I recently got rid of a ruger LCP .380 bc I dont like them. It was easy bc it would go in any pocket but I did not trust it to be accurate enough in a life or death situation with the long trigger pull and overall small frame.

Looking at maybe a single stack S&W 9mm but I want to carry maybe in waist band? Definitely with a tucked in shirt.

Default New Gun for Concealed Carry

IWB and I don’t wear tucked in shirts often. My clothes are purchased around carrying a pistol.

Last edited by led0321; 06-16-2018 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    I know this has been discussed in the past and maybe I should make another thread, but how are yall concealed carrying? I recently got rid of a ruger LCP .380 bc I dont like them. It was easy bc it would go in any pocket but I did not trust it to be accurate enough in a life or death situation with the long trigger pull and overall small frame.

Looking at maybe a single stack S&W 9mm but I want to carry maybe in waist band? Definitely with a tucked in shirt.

I carry a shield with a tucked in shirt every Sunday
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I carry everything, but my LCP IWB. I carry my LCP in my pocket.

I have several different kinds of holsters/guns, but lately the one I carry the most is my Shield in a Kusiak Minimalist. I have been impressed with the Kusiak. The only down side is that they are made to order so it may take a while to get one.

On a side note... You mention the LCP and accuracy. I hear people say that all the time, but I can take mine and hit a paper plate every shot at 10-11 yards without very much effort. How much more accuracy do you want out of a pocket .380?

PMR30 IWB. Deadly accurate, zero muzzle lift, doesn’t mind getting saturated in sweat and weighs 19oz fully loaded with 30rds (although I only put 25 in it).

I also have a Sig 226 I’ll carry on occasion, but mostly it’s the PMR.