Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gun for Concealed Carry

Default New Gun for Concealed Carry

I'm contemplating going back to a double stack gun for my carry weapon.
    Looked at a few today and figured some of y'all might could give some first hand reviews on the ones I looked at. I plan on staying with 9mm. I looked at the newest Glock 19 but Glock has never felt good to me.
    I've carried a shield daily for a few years now and have been pleased with it which I why I asked to look at the m&p 2.0, the 320c was the first gun the salesman recommended when I told him I was considering a double stack carry gun.

Honestly the Sig is what felt best in my hand.
    So between the three what do the pistol gurus say?

sig p320c, H&K VP9SK, or the M&P 2.0 compact.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I have very little trigger time on the those that you mention, and frankly either carry a Glock 19 or a Glock 43 90% of the time. But... and I'm saying this knowing that I have had little interest in anything "SIG" in a long time...

I would look at the Sig P365.
    Last edited by Swamp Rat; 06-14-2018 at 09:20 PM.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

FNS 9C.

Never liked a Glock, didn’t like the way they felt, didn’t like the trigger or anything about them. I had a Springfield XDM because it felt better. I hated shooting it and wasn’t very good with it. I sold it and started looking again. I finally said to hell with it and bought a 19 Gen4. I shoot that Glock better than about any handgun I’ve ever owned and I own quite a few. Don’t knock it until you try it, it might surprise you.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Never liked a Glock, didn’t like the way they felt, didn’t like the trigger or anything about them. I had a Springfield XDM because it felt better. I hated shooting it and wasn’t very good with it. I sold it and started looking again. I finally said to hell with it and bought a 19 Gen4. I shoot that Glock better than about any handgun I’ve ever owned and I own quite a few. Don’t knock it until you try it, it might surprise you.
    This was my experience as well. I didn't want anything to do with them, thought they were a fad. I found a good deal on a new Gen 4 19 and never looked back. I shoot it well, feel good about its reliability and durability.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post

I would look at the Sig P365.
    This. Waiting on mine to come in.....

Try a g19 with different backstraps. Didn't gen5 lose the fingergrooves again? Or is that the g19x, or some crap like that? Try different generations if that might help...

Regardless, it is a great gun after changing out the connector and smoothing up (or replacing) some other guts. Or, just shoot the shot out of it and let some of the internals smooth-over naturally.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk
    Last edited by USMCsilver; 06-15-2018 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I am the same way. I have a HK that I love but can't shoot it worth a shit. When I pick my bothers glock up, I turn into Jerry Miculek but I just can't bring myself to buy one.
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

I usually carry a Glock 27 but I have been carrying my 23 this week. It’s the same frame as the 19 and is still small enough to conceal comfortably.

Go shoot a sig and a Glock side by side. The sig will have a significant difference in muzzle rise from my limited experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have not handled the h&k but I'll take the m&p over anything else I have

Check out CZ P10C. Its got a better trigger out of the box than any of them.

I carried the M&P 2.0 compact with the 4" barrel with no complaints. I have heard good things about the 3.6" barrel version with the same double stack mag capacity.

This is my EDC (Every day carry) and I am very pleased with it.

Just a head up science has proven that a glock not feeling right is ones hands is due to the fact that said hands are better suited for jacking off other men. Time to embrace it fagots!
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Try a g19 with different backstraps. Didn't gen5 lose the fingergrooves again? Or is that the g19x, or some crap like that? Try different generations if that might help...
    The Gen 5's have no finger grooves. The trigger spring is different, the same design as the Model 43. It also has the Model 43 type beveled firing pin safety plunger. Plus a few other changes, including a different barrel rifling design.

Quote Originally Posted by saltedbutter View Post
    Check out CZ P10C. Its got a better trigger out of the box than any of them.
    This is true. Very good triggers. I've never known CZ to make junk.

Side note: Any day now, we're turning in our Model 22's and 23's and getting Gen 5 Model 17's. Rather looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    The Gen 5's have no finger grooves. The trigger spring is different, the same design as the Model 43. It also has the Model 43 type beveled firing pin safety plunger. Plus a few other changes, including a different barrel rifling design.

This is true. Very good triggers. I've never known CZ to make junk.
    I've got a 43 that I thought was a total POS until I ran some decent ammo through it.

It HATES cheap, imported ammo.

Thanks for the clarification on the 19; I must say I really like my gen4 g19, but I also find myself considering switching to a gen5 without the grooves.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk
    Last edited by USMCsilver; 06-15-2018 at 09:39 AM.

Salted, I remember you posting a cz for sale a while back.
    That was a sharp looking gun
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Thanks for the clarification on the 19; I must say I really like my gen4 g19, but I also find myself considering switching to a gen5 without the grooves.
    It would be cheaper to send off your lower half to a reputable company that does grip alterations. I'm happy I'm getting issued a Gen 5, but I'm not jumping up and upgrading to Gen 5's over my Gen 4's.