Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Gun for Concealed Carry

I carry a Glock 26 with the Pearce pinky extension IWB
    It goes boom 100% of the time the trigger is pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    I carry a Glock 26 with the Pearce pinky extension IWB
    It goes boom 100% of the time the trigger is pulled.
    Same setup here. Dropped in the ghost connector and changed the sights.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    Seems like SIG is kind of dropping the ball.
    It's been that way across the board with them for a while I think. I was hoping this gun would be different. Oh, well. I mean, they recalled an entire production period of MCX's a while back.

I blame it on over diversifying. They got into ammo, suppressors, optics, etc. I think and lost focus. Jack of all trades......
    Last edited by Swamp Rat; 06-16-2018 at 05:40 PM.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Sig set their own bar high with the P series pistols. Sublime in every aspect. Trying to compete in the polymer frame venue ( which is already flooded) is a gamble. The P320 is a good pistol and there are quite a few departments that are issuing it - as well as the military.

My P226s are great pistols that I carry often. Extraordinarily accurate, dependable and durable. P228s are getting scarce around here as they are phenomenal guns. I only have one and should have fixed that by now. I just can't embrace the plastic..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Woodie, for me, the biggest benefit to the gen4 is the interchangeable backstraps.

I have a gen3 g23 that I've owned for nearly 16 years (I think) and while it is a great gun, the smaller backstrap on the gen4 gun feels much better in my hands. Gen5 will probably feel even better with lack of finger grooves.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk
    I've always kept a Hogue Hand-All sleeve on my Glocks so I don't know that the interchangeable back straps would really make any difference. Guess I'll check a couple out and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    The changes between the Gen 3 and Gen 4 Glocks were, in my honest opinion, so minor as to be inconsequential if you already have a Gen 3. I actually find the factory trigger in the Gen 3 to be smoother.

The best thing about the Gen 4 guns were the mags with the ambi release notches and maybe the recoil springs (supposed to soften recoil).

The only issue we had with Gen 3 Model 22's is that they would sometimes fail to feed when we ran a TLR light on the gun. According to someone at Glock, it was a "stacking of tolerances" issue that had to do with magazine spring tension and frame flex in recoil. When you put a Gen 4 mag in the gun, or ran a Gen 4 spring in the Gen 3 mag body, it worked fine. The changes from Gen 4 to 5 are more significant, and they still make both guns. I will have to sign a lot of us up for the updated armorer's class that covers Gen 5 work to see if there is any voodoo going on.
    A number of my mags are Gen 4 so I'll have to keep that info in mind about the TLR issue, and maybe just go ahead and change out all but my range mag springs so I don't have to worry about it.

Or is the flex issue only on the 40's vs the 9's?

I'll look at the Gen 5's the next time I'm at a gun counter.

Thanks for the info.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Default New Gun for Concealed Carry

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Sig set their own bar high with the P series pistols. Sublime in every aspect. Trying to compete in the polymer frame venue ( which is already flooded) is a gamble. The P320 is a good pistol and there are quite a few departments that are issuing it - as well as the military.

My P226s are great pistols that I carry often. Extraordinarily accurate, dependable and durable. P228s are getting scarce around here as they are phenomenal guns. I only have one and should have fixed that by now. I just can't embrace the plastic..

Indeed they are. Eyes are fading on the up close stuff so my front sight was starting to look more like a mirage than anything else so I put a red dot on my 226 this afternoon and went out and played a while....

That’s 15 rounds off my range bag (10yds) and this is 15rds freehand (also 10yds)

Last edited by Tater; 06-16-2018 at 08:49 PM.

Fine work.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Glock 26 most of the time. But I do like my little xds too.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    A number of my mags are Gen 4 so I'll have to keep that info in mind about the TLR issue, and maybe just go ahead and change out all but my range mag springs so I don't have to worry about it.

Or is the flex issue only on the 40's vs the 9's?
    I think it was the 40 only. The 9mm wouldn't flex the frame as much. I'd just switch out springs.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    I think it was the 40 only. The 9mm wouldn't flex the frame as much. I'd just switch out springs.
    Got it. I didn't say it clearly, but I meant I'd just switch all the springs. I'd only change the mag bodies if I were to move to a Gen 5.

Thanks.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'