Thread: Anyone Fish Cabo?

Default Anyone Fish Cabo?

I know nothing about it, but am considering a trip. I can look online and see peak seasons for species, but any recommendations would be appreciated. Also, can you rent your own boat there? Everything I see includes a capt.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes- go in October. Get a good boat with some range. Some of the locals don’t like running too far, but sometimes you have to. We pulled off a 200 plus yellowfin on the kite last Feb but the fishing as a whole sucked. The Mexicans have hammered that place over the years
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

I’ve fished out of Cabo several times over the last 10 years. Everything is negotiable, walk the docks, most of the captains speak some English. Don’t pay the first price they quote you. World class marlin fishing 2 miles from the dock. July through October is good.
    Last edited by Duke; 06-14-2018 at 04:24 PM.

We were there first week of May for a convention and fished one day. Had a great trip on the Picante Express, caught 11 yellowfin. Took some to hotel a and they prepared it 4 ways and it was awesome. Paid a guy on the docks to clean and vacuum pack the rest and freeze it. He met us at our hotel the morning we left and had it all packed in a soft side cooler we checked as baggage on the flight. Got home and it was great, especially since I haven't caught a yellowfin around here in years. Picante fleet is a little pricey but they will run to find fish. We were trolling for a couple hours with no strikes when the capt. Got a call from another boat and we picked up an ran 10 miles to the yellowfin bite.
    Boat and gear were in great shape. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.