Thread: Georgetown Next Week

Default Georgetown Next Week

We are headed down to PI next week and will keep the boat at GLM. The forecast looks like crap for offshore but my nephew is itching to catch some fish. We have fished the jetties until we are blue in the face, so I'm not interested in that. Are there kings/spanish in close to the beach now? If so, whats the best way of catching them....from a boat? I've only caught kings when bottom fishing, so I have no idea on how to catch them close to the beach.

Any other species biting now that will keep small children and big children entertained?

Thanks
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

Sharks.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

There are some big sturgeon in the Black river, go catch one of those

Spanish are in close. Channel bass are in the surf. Some tarpon already showing up. If you want kings ride out to City of Richmond and the Hector and other nearshore reefs.

One of my favorite fish is smoked sturgeon. Used to get it from Rene Cathu.
    DILLIGAF

throw the net and catch some larger menhaden, buy some king rigs and put the menhaden on them and
    slow troll as slow as you can go when you clear the inlet

Live pogy, slow trolled, there will be kings on the beach. Spanish, Clark spoons, limits shouldn't be a problem. Red and black drum around the jetties. They cant predict waves and wind worth a crap, don't take that report as gospel. Go up river and poach hogs off the river banks if you get bored. Watch out for Mr.Powell. Sharks, big sharks, heavy leader and big hooks.
    Low country redneck who moved north

I agree that live baits in close and around inlets may get you a king. If you want to troll and catch kings hit the nearshore reefs and put some clark spoons on a downrigger or planer.
    DILLIGAF

Keep an eye out for cobia too.
    DILLIGAF

What they said on kings. Get some jelly balls and hit the Hector, Davidson or other nearshore structure for spades. Hang around Shell Banks for sharks and spottail.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 06-14-2018 at 11:34 AM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Kings love a stretch 25 too

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    That was hilarious!!

IF the weather turns out to be nice, we'll go bottom fishing but I'm trying to get another thing or two figured out. Catching sharks is fun for about 1 fish and then I would rather have a root canal. Thanks for all of the helpful tips.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

Sportin' Woodies

easy, anti-dentite
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

It's been fairly calm every morning and starting about 2 pm the winds have picked up........since Sunday. That's just my observation from just north of Georgetown.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    It's been fairly calm every morning and starting about 2 pm the winds have picked up........since Sunday. That's just my observation from just north of Georgetown.

Looks like a low pressure cell is moving in around Tuesday and its bringing the wind with it. I wish we were there this week.

Sportin' Woodies

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post

Afternoon convection. River and Winyah out to the tide line have been bumpy coming back in, not terrible though. You’ll get wet in a small boat but as hot as it’s been, that might not be a bad thing. Next week’s forecast looks like crap, figures since I can fish Wednesday and Thursday.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013