Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow! Dress Code

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Wow! Dress Code

Check out the dress code at the Smoking Dog, wherever and whatever that is. Ok I found it, it's a pub in Illinois...

https://www.thesmokingdogpub.com/

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Basically a recipe for liability...

Good luck to them, but I don't see it going as well as they anticipate.

Maybe they should re-locate.

Sounds like a really fun place. Maybe they need rules to prohibit telling jokes or laughing.

It just reads to me as don't be a tool.

They lost me at jean shorts. I looked at there pictures and not even one pool table.
    Hey big man lemme hol a dollar.

There are places downtown Charleston that have dress codes. How is that a liability?

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Amen, I have been to places that have strict dress codes. They are usually pretty high class and fun.

It keeps the gang bangers and dirt necks out.

I went to miami back in 03-04 and got an education on dress code from my concierge. Once we got out on the town it was evident that he was helping me "run in the right circles." Mainly I had on shorts after 6pm and flip flops. That's a no no.

No liability. No different that the golf club saying you have to have on a collared shirt and no jeans.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

This place is in Rock Island which has an Army base there. It doesn't look horrible to me. If I ever get back to Rock Island (my headquarters is on that base) I will have to go check this place out just to see how it is. The photos didn't make it look like they enforced the rules. I think its just a way to keep idiots from being idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    There are places downtown Charleston that have dress codes. How is that a liability?
    Because those places are much more specific and less fluid in their policies. This place states that their policy is subject to change without warning, which means there's a much higher possibility for them to "offend" or "discriminate against" someone, and thus, bring more trouble upon themselves.

Looking at the pictures on their website it doesn't look like they enforce too many of those "rules".

They all can’t be the Razzle Dazzle or Changing Times.

I wear a lot of Under Armour and T-shirts. If that ain't good enough, I don't want to be there.

I don't see a single malt selection on their menu so they're not grown ups. Probably just a group of little hipsters that suck to be around.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Looking at the pictures on their website it doesn't look like they enforce too many of those "rules".
    Indeed. Which further proves my point.

I doubt they have any franchises.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

That looks like a halloween party so I'm sure they're exceptions, or at least I hope it's one. Halloween parties in bars brings in the trawdriest people, yuk.

All of us need to hang that sign up in our closets. Not that I need it!

No work boots, no overalls, and no camo,

I'm out.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

That looks like a halloween party so I'm sure they're exceptions, or at least I hope it's one. Halloween parties in bars brings in the trawdriest people, yuk.

I love this kid! HS is one of the best guys you could ever meet. He has standards too. Dress standards, hair product standards and standards on his standards. Something most of us haven't mastered.

I know I haven't and I've had more time to work on it.