Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: the World Cup

Can you imagine if our top-tier, 2nd-tier, or even 3rd-tier athletes cared anything about futbol? The world would just hate us that much more.

i hear ya, Bart.

I like soccer. Its ok.

At this level, its some of the best soccer you could ever watch.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Can you imagine if our top-tier, 2nd-tier, or even 3rd-tier athletes cared anything about futbol? The world would just hate us that much more.
    True

ESPN did a mock USA team the last world cup and it was pretty impressive (on paper). Lebron James, Russel Wilson, Julio Jones, and the likes.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

An international exhibit of homosexuality is more like it..

God gave you hands to throw and catch things.. Soccer is communist..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

I love the World Cup (like bogster)

But I don't give a shit that it's popular around the world.

A couple good US soccer games helps you get by til football season. Too bad we blew it this year.

Always rooted for the Netherlands team if US got knocked out bc they looked like Clemson. They didnt make it either this year. I guess Patrick kluevert and Dennis bergkamp got old. <---soccer knowledge

The rest of the world really doesn't have much else on which to hang their hats.

We've got real football, hunting, fishing, mini bikes, tater cannons, pyrodex, Ted Nugent, the ability to sleep without fear of being uhsploded, Miller High Life's, smoke briskets, cathead biscuits, Fried cube steak, Outback Steakhouse, Indoor go kart tracks and Rope Opera Saturday's on ME TV. I could go on but you get the point.

With all that, we as 'Meruhkins have no reason, need or desire to sit and watch the most boring game ever invented. If you're that bored and have literally NOTHING else to do then congratulations for having done literally EVERYTHING else available to the point where you are bored with it.

War Eagle and pass the biscuits.

...and the Netherlands team has the hottest wives and girlfriends.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    The rest of the world really doesn't have much else on which to hang their hats.

We've got real football, hunting, fishing, mini bikes, tater cannons, pyrodex, Ted Nugent, the ability to sleep without fear of being uhsploded, Miller High Life's, smoke briskets, cathead biscuits, Fried cube steak, Outback Steakhouse, Indoor go kart tracks and Rope Opera Saturday's on ME TV. I could go on but you get the point.

With all that, we as 'Meruhkins have no reason, need or desire to sit and watch the most boring game ever invented. If you're that bored and have literally NOTHING else to do then congratulations for having done literally EVERYTHING else available to the point where you are bored with it.

MERICA!!! Hell yeah brother!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

This is the quite possibly the most redneck post I've seen to date on this site...

And I agree wholeheartedly with ever bit of it.

bucket.jpg
    Last edited by Black Bart; 06-14-2018 at 09:14 AM. Reason: To add the appropriate finishing touch...

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Here you go tooth...a mix of logical and illogic...
    If France gets that far it will hurt, especially after the most recent Draw against them. Klinsman should have never been fired

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    If France gets that far it will hurt, especially after the most recent Draw against them. Klinsman should have never been fired
    Klinsman was a great soccer mind but could never see past his personal likes and dislikes for players. For example - the US team fielded three German Nationals at the last world cup...but, then again, we did actually make it to the last world cup...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    The World Cup will be in the USA in 2026
    Hopefully the home team will actually qualify...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

You lost me at War Eagle, but great post other than that.

First soccer game I ever watched I got excited when it got to 90 minutes. But those assholes didn't even stop then.

Ehh, Outback’s really gotten to be poor quality lately.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Here you go tooth...a mix of logical and illogic...
    You had me till Argentina beating Germany. Germany will win the entire thing again this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

I got into a cab in Miami and Obed Ariri was our driver. That's all the soccer I have.

Eh, the College World Series starts Saturday, and the oldest is playing in a tournament this weekend. 'Merica's Pastime, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaya View Post
    Eh, the College World Series starts Saturday, and the oldest is playing in a tournament this weekend. 'Merica's Pastime, for me.
    "My kid doesn't play baseball. He plays soccer." is code for I'm a communist.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I got into a cab in Miami and Obed Ariri was our driver. That's all the soccer I have.
    I've never been to Miami but I think his brother drives a cab in DC.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Strong Link Found Between Watching Soccer, Being Incredibly Bored
    June 14, 2018

CAMBRIDGE, MA—A new study performed by a Harvard research team found a “strong correlation” between watching a soccer game and succumbing to a feeling of overwhelming boredom.

The study suggests that watching soccer is the root cause of much of the world’s boredom, and that people can live better, more exciting lives if they simply shut off the World Cup and do something else instead. Researchers stated that other activities like watching baseball, enjoying a hockey game, and staring at the inside of a Pringles can are all far better sources of entertainment than soccer.

“In our comprehensive study of thousands upon thousands of soccer viewers, many people began praying for the sweet release of death just several minutes into the match,” Dr. Travis Wilson, Head of Sports Research, said. “There’s a real danger for viewers here. If you watch an entire soccer match, there’s even a statistically significant chance that you end up gouging your eyes out, purely from the near-paralyzing tedium of the game.”

“Soccer is a stupid, boring sport. It’s just science,” he added, shrugging.

According to Wilson, the study proves once and for all that enjoying soccer is a malignant psychological condition that may be indicative of deeper issues. “We recommend counseling or medical attention if you or a loved one watches a soccer match and appears to enjoy the experience.”

https://babylonbee.com/news/strong-l...redibly-bored/
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud