Thread: Why so little hp

Default Why so little hp

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/06/...atibility.html

"The 6.5-liter turbocharged V8 now makes 250 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque (up 60 hp and 80 lb-ft) and is mated to a new 6-speed automatic transmission built by AM General that it says increases fuel efficiency and top speed."

Do any of you know why the current and new humvee has such little hp? My factory f250 makes 440 and is not designed to take land mines and gun fire. Why would something designed to protect our boys, not have higher hp. Reliability can't be the issue. No one ever said....."DAMN! This thing has way too much horse power... "
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

#savethehorses
    More fuel = more boost!!

Hp doesn't stop land mines and gunfire. Unless they've recast the block, the webbing in the lower end won't hold much more hp, that's why boost is limited. Much over 20psi sustained is playing with fire.

Because it’s the 6.5L. It’s a POS and always has been.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    Hp doesn't stop land mines and gunfire. Unless they've recast the block, the webbing in the lower end won't hold much more hp, that's why boost is limited. Much over 20psi sustained is playing with fire.
    I agree it won’t but when you need to haul ass, 250hp isn’t going to get it. Hell my lawnmower almost has that much.
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

Oh yeah, and the POS part

Apparently the military never got butthurt over misdiagnosed injection pumps so they stick with it for 30 years.