Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Everyone is getting on the train

Looking a little more short term, the Georgia State Sporting Clays Championship is going on right now. I'll see you there tomorrow.

There wasn't this much complaining from 2008 to 2016. Of course nothing happened during that time either.

Quote Originally Posted by ndbrown213 View Post
    it's about to be dove season, deer season, teal season in a few months.
    cant come soon enough.

Wish I had some chow chow to go with it...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I got you covered.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Looking a little more short term, the Georgia State Sporting Clays Championship is going on right now. I'll see you there tomorrow.
    Headed down after work today. Should be a good shoot with 500 registered.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    I still don't see where Trump said he was pulling troops out of South Korea. I read the article you linked by the LA Times where they said he said that but I saw video on one of the new channels where he clearly said he was NOT pulling our troops out of South Korea.

I agree with us stopping the war games in South Korea. We don't agree and that's fine but when I served in the Marines, I trained all over the world and particularly in 29 palms with live fire exercises. Our troops get plenty of training. We don't need to be in one specific area to train.

To reiterate, we only conducted war games in South Korea to intimidate the regime and show them we are badass. Everyone that participated in the exercise knew it. It's expensive and unhelpful while we are working with the regime to de-nuke.

And there were pre conditions based on the Singapore summit. The deal was sealed before Trump stepped onto Air force 1. Do you think he would have taken that risk before going? If you don't understand that, then you really need to educate yourself.

I didn't vote for Trump in the primary. Carson was my pick. But I can tell you I am very thankful he's in office and not the Clinton cow. Trump loves this country unlike Obama. The Troops love him. All the hostages he freed love him. He is the first President since Reagan that is implementing his campaign promises.

The media hates him and that's fine. They have reduced themselves to an almost meaningless status. When I was younger, you could bank on media reports. Now I look at media reports with as much integrity as the Enquirer. It's sad to see what it has become. They are completely untrustworthy due to their hatred of Trump. And the best part is Trump does it all for free.
    He came back and said that the troop pullout is not on the negotiation table with Korea but he still plans to withdraw troops. I’m pretty certain that the article addressed that. I’ll have to back and check. As you said, we can disagree about the exercises, but that doesn’t change the fact that his reason for doing so is because we are provoking Korea.
    What about the other stuff I mentioned that he did this past week. I can keep repeating that my criticism is focused on this week and yet you seem to take this like it’s a direct insult towards you. I never said that he was a horrible president, but you still keep picking the same 1 or 2 things that I pointed out and ignore the rest. Where is this signed and sealed deal that you speak to of?
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Pulling all of our troops out of South Korea would be great and save us a ton of national treasure. We can only hope things get that good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    I beg to differ. Roddie is always looking for any hint of racism, or at least, what he thinks is racism. And generally, these types have a left of center aganda. And maybe there is just the one leftist trait among what would otherwise be overwhelmingly conservative traits. But he's unquestionably a social justice warrior on this topic.

All that other blabber is meaningless.
    I don’t see myself as looking for any hint of racism. Blatant stereotyping of any ethnicity is one of my hot buttons. I voice my opinions when I disagree, but I prefer to almost always discuss the issue civilly. If I think that my initial impression was wrong, I say so. If I don’t think I conducted myself properly, I have no problem with holding myself accountable and apologize if need be.
    I’d like you to point out when I have ever accused or called anyone here racist. Tell me when I have ever said anything about white people being racist, some white people being more racist than blacks, or that black people are always getting screwed.
    What I do recall is constantly saying how I believe racism is wrong, regardless of the color of the person it comes from. I recall telling Sportin Woodies that something that was done to him by a black bigot was absolutely wrong and inexcusable. I also recall disagreeing with Black Bart when he felt that a comment made about black people and grape and then questioned if he crawfished on a topic regarding a topic that I THOUGHT was similar. We discussed and we’re good. You can call me center of left and a social justice warrior when it comes to race. I just call it being considerate of others.

You on the other hand, are something quite different. Your biggest contribution to this forum is to jump into a thread and either troll or insult. You rarely offer any constructive dialogue. You come across as the old guy that hates the world and only find joy in trying to make someone miserable. You point at me about always popping up predictably, look at you. You seem to obsessed with coming after me. Maybe you’ve got one of “fetishes”, but just know that it’s actually a little sad and funny that you are obviously tracking me and I’m in your head.
    I’m also not going to go back and forth with you either. That’s what you want. That’s what you need.
    Get your fix somehere else Pookie.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Whoa whoa whoa. U just made it sound like I got served. I may have gotten served but then I served back so then it was on and then I stomped the yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa. U just made it sound like I got served. I may have gotten served but then I served back so then it was on and then I stomped the yard.
    I know you didn’t get served. You always bring it Turbo.

I didn't address the other shit because it was not related to the North Korea discussion.

Whether Putin gets invited back into the G7 to make it G8 again, I really don't care. I don't see that as an important issue at the moment. The media thought it was a big deal because they are still obsessed with this ridiculous Russian collusion notion like a bunch of puppy dogs. All this time and money and not a single shred of evidence that Trump colluded with Russia. Like it or not, none existed and the American people know it.

Trudeau is a dainty tool. We don't have fair trade with Canada. Trump is trying to fix that mess now. Glad we have a president that is finally standing up for America.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    I didn't address the other shit because it was not related to the North Korea discussion.

Whether Putin gets invited back into the G7 to make it G8 again, I really don't care. I don't see that as an important issue at the moment. The media thought it was a big deal because they are still obsessed with this ridiculous Russian collusion notion like a bunch of puppy dogs. All this time and money and not a single shred of evidence that Trump colluded with Russia. Like it or not, none existed and the American people know it.

Trudeau is a dainty tool. We don't have fair trade with Canada. Trump is trying to fix that mess now. Glad we have a president that is finally standing up for America.
    Ok I get your perspective now. My biggest bottom line with this week is that he had a tantrum because he can’t take whathe dishes out. I can understand why you’re not concerned about Putin when you constantly hear about rumors of collusion. It’s pure speculation and unfair. My issue is the way that he addresses these enemies. I get his Trump doctrine and disagree with it. I don’t believe in doing business with anyone as long as we benefit. I don’t doubt for moment that he wants what is best for our country. What I don’t believe is that the end justifies the means. That’s just my opinion and if I end up wrong, I’ll admit it and be glad that I was wrong. I sincerely appreciate and respect your point of view though.

Did he have a tantrum though? I mean come on? Again, this is Mika and Joe talking. He is 1000% right on trade. Canada can absolutely go to hell along with Europe.

The Marshall plan was temporary and its baffling to think our “leaders” have let us get into trade deals like this and let the world use us as a piggy bank.

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    Did he have a tantrum though? I mean come on? Again, this is Mika and Joe talking. He is 1000% right on trade. Canada can absolutely go to hell along with Europe.

The Marshall plan was temporary and its baffling to think our “leaders” have let us get into trade deals like this and let the world use us as a piggy bank.

Honestly brother, I don’t know who Mika and Joe are. I rarely watch news on TV because I hate op-eds and that’s what the majority of cable news content has become. I prefer to read anyway. I really only watch and Judge Judy and sports. I only used the term tantrum because of my interpretation of the way that comes across on his tweets. Once again, my interpretation of that can be a bit subjective. I don’t disagree with your opinion. I disagree with his recent conduct. Squash the deal on site and leave. Don’t imply that you changed your mind because you felt insulted.

Seriously, leave Nicholas Cage out of this. "The Rock" was a classic. Glass or plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by coonsqualler01 View Post
    Seriously, leave Nicholas Cage out of this. "The Rock" was a classic. Glass or plastic.
    He makes a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Hey bean

No rebuttal from Fish? I'd say that's telling, but it's really not. It's just typical.
    Last edited by Black Bart; 06-15-2018 at 07:21 AM.