Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Everyone is getting on the train

Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    Being anti-Trump or against his policy doesn’t make one a liberal, contrary to what Kool-aid drinkers like you repeat without a second thought. You spent an entire paragraph unintentionally supporting my initial concern about this entire thing being a circus. As you stated, all of things done by N Korea occurred prior to the summit. So what was the return on investment that they gave? A pledge to work towards denuclearization. Read that sentence again, slowly. No start date, no timeline, not even a future timeframe of when to begin the development of a plan.

You’re also correct about the timing of the joint exercises. However, Trump called the exercises provocative and suggested that we pull out of Korea. I’ll skip the part about him patronizing Kim about his high intellect and so on. I chalked that up to appealing to Kim’s. He also mentioned how Kim loved his country and people and admired him for that.

So basically, what we got for that was nothing. Your smoke and mirrors. I did also mention that I would wait and see, until you popped in with your liberal label nonsense.
    Let’s review:
    1. Agreeing to a meeting with a hostile without any concrete concessions laid out beforehand: LIBERAL
    2. Clamoring for a communist leader to rejoin the G-7 because he deserves a chance: LIBERAL
    3. Admiring a man, or saying that you do because of how much he loves his country and it’s people, when in reality he’s a ruthless, sociopathic dictator who has murdered thousands of his own citizens and runs detainment camps full of hundreds of thousands of people: LIBERAL
    4. Telling the world ahead of time that not only does he plan to pull our troops out Korea in the future, but that he also considers our joint exercises with S Korea provocative: LIBERAL
    5. Tweets a dictator and thanks and praises him again, even though there’s been nothing but silence from fatboy and his country since Monday: LIBERAL

I can vote for someone and still disagree with something that person has done. I can tell a friend or a family member that I think wrong without hesitation. It doesn’t make me less of a man. Doing the opposite does.

Finally, I don’t drink kool-aid. Grape soda and gizzards bruh.
    No rational, adult person can disagree with this statement. Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    Damn, do you expect him to solve everything in one 2 hour meeting?

How many times did Reagan meet with Gorbachev? It all was not solved in the first hour.

This is the first time that a sitting President has met with the sitting Leader of NK. He is dealing with a regime that has been in power 70+ years.

The real world moves a bit slower than a 30 minute sitcom. Asia is a bit different than the Western world of instant gratification.

and if Kim doesnt live up to the deal.......the wargames CAN be rescheduled. We have given up nothing but have offered an olivebranch....but reminded them that the arrows are still in the other talons.
    No I don’t and I don’t totally disagree with you. My point was about him using the word liberal loose and fast while Trump has taken quite a liberal approach. I don’t agree with it. It doesn’t mean I’m right. Just because a person doesn’t look like a certain black person doesn’t make him a racist and disliking Trump and/or his actions doesn’t make me a liberal.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

I've looked at many news reports and I don't see where Trump agreed to pull all our troops out of South Korea. Can someone provide a source for that news report.

He did say we will stop the war games in South Korea. I agree with this. It was done to intimidate North Korea and it costs a lot of money. Our military can train at many other locations in the United States at a fraction of the cost.

I think it's funny that the media attacking Trump for not having any specific plans. When the Iranian deal was signed by Obama, we gave them billions (illegally we now find out) and he didn't have any details about the deal. Just that they would halt their nuclear program for 10 years. And we would lift sanctions. This was never approved by Congress, so Trump was free to recind the deal.

There are a lot of details to work out with North Korea and we should allow that work to play out. In the meantime, sanctions remain in place.

Make no mistake, if Obama had architected this deal with North Korea, he would be heralded as a genius and given another Nobel peace prize. Since it wasn't the media and never trumpers will denigrate it as only they can.
    Last edited by Gander; 06-13-2018 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    No I don’t and I don’t totally disagree with you. My point was about him using the word liberal loose and fast while Trump has taken quite a liberal approach. I don’t agree with it. It doesn’t mean I’m right. Just because a person doesn’t look like a certain black person doesn’t make him a racist and disliking Trump and/or his actions doesn’t make me a liberal.
    go back and read my post containing the article by Charles Krauthammer. Trump is neither a conservative or liberal, he is a pragmatist. He sees a problem and looks for a solution. If the solution involves concessions, especially something as trivial as scheduling a war game, then so be it. He's not deconstructing the the DMZ.

did you get on Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter et al for not solving the Israel / Arab conflict in one sitting?
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    I've looked at many news reports and I don't see where Trump agreed to pull all our troops out of South Korea. Can someone provide a source for that news report.

He did say we will stop the war games in South Korea. I agree with this. It was done to intimidate North Korea and it costs a lot of money. Our military can train at many other locations in the United States at a fraction of the cost.

I think it's funny that the media attacking Trump for not having any specific plans. When the Iranian deal was signed by Obama, we gave them billions (illegally we now find out) and he didn't have any details about the deal. Just that they would halt their nuclear program for 10 years. And we would lift sanctions. This was never approved by Congress, so Trump was free to recind the deal.

There are a lot of details to work out with North Korea and we should allow that work to play out. In the meantime, sanctions remain in place.

Make no mistake, if Obama had architected this deal with North Korea, he would be heralded as a genius and given another Nobel peace prize. Since it wasn't the media and never trumpers will denigrate it as only they can.
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...612-story.html

The joint training exercises are more than a deterrent. It is conducted to mimic an invasion by N Korea and how they will tactically engage them in real time training. Keep in mind that the average tour of duty is 1-2 years. Combat readiness is a high priority for everyone stationed there.

I agree with you about the Iran comparison and Obama’s approach to resolving conflict with our enemies. I didn’t see it any different then and don’t now. Additionally I don’t see too much difference between them and N Korea.

It’s quite simple to me. If you continue to go down this path, we will melt you. There won’t be any meetings until you agree to dismantle immediately and allow an independent party to confirm. Don’t try a sleight of hand by just taking down the factories and missiles. We want accountability for every last bit of uranium and plutonium. You’re not selling it or saving for a rainy day.

What’s next? Do we negotiate and coddle every rogue nation or faction that gets their hands on nuclear technology?
    Talking ain’t fighting. Balls, use em or lose em.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Dialogue gentlemen,..... dialogue.

That's the prize.

This is day 2….....and if don't know anything about Trump,.....he will back out of a deal in a heartbeat if it doesn't go his way.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This will be a great thread to bump in a year.

I’m heading to Lorelei’s....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Dialogue gentlemen,..... dialogue.

That's the prize.

This is day 2….....and if don't know anything about Trump,.....he will back out of a deal in a heartbeat if it doesn't go his way.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    That, I will agree with you 100% Catdaddy.

Trump is not a pragmatist, he's an opportunist. He deserves credit for moving the North Korea opportunity forward...if only just a couple of inches. The train riders and the nevers would be well served to keep your powder dry and hope for a miracle. Wish I was with led at Lor uh lie.
    Last edited by Stripa Swipa; 06-13-2018 at 07:38 PM.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

You would be the expert on opportunistic behavior. Now run along and find someone to give meaningless concessions at the expense of history and heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripa Swipa View Post
    Trump is not a pragmatist, he's an opportist. He deserves credit for moving the North Korea opportunity forward...if only just a couple of inches. The train riders and the nevers would be well served to keep your powder dry and hope for a miracle. Wish I was with led at Lor uh lie.
    Wise post and I always appreciate your point of view.

Toofer put you on evening troll duty, Fish?
    Last edited by Stripa Swipa; 06-13-2018 at 07:40 PM.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Never Trump “Republicans” are becoming more aggravating than the liberals..and I didn’t think that was possible becuase up until recently there was nobody more annoying than ole Chuck Shumer. Listening to him condemn Trump today really got my pressure up....what has he done to help the situation?

It's not trolling when truth open hand slaps your sorry ass in the ear.

But I can understand how someone with your compromised ethics could see it as trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    You would be the expert on opportunistic behavior. Now run along and find someone to give meaningless concessions at the expense of history and heritage.
    I don’t know if I could ever master a complex message like this in such a concise manner. I had to backtrack to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by welltaut View Post
    Never Trump “Republicans” are becoming more aggravating than the liberals..and I didn’t think that was possible becuase up until recently there was nobody more annoying than ole Chuck Shumer. Listening to him condemn Trump today really got my pressure up....what has he done to help the situation?
    And the regurgitated counter accusations continue without substantial counterpoints.
    I’m totally open to different perspectives. I’m open to your input.

Don't get in a innernet fight with fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    go back and read my post containing the article by Charles Krauthammer. Trump is neither a conservative or liberal, he is a pragmatist. He sees a problem and looks for a solution. If the solution involves concessions, especially something as trivial as scheduling a war game, then so be it. He's not deconstructing the the DMZ.

did you get on Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter et al for not solving the Israel / Arab conflict in one sitting?
    I apologize for not responding sooner. I missed your post amidst other. I did see your post and found it refreshing to see a totally different perspective. In my opinion though, the office of The POTUS is not a CEO position. This isn’t about stockholders and revenue. There is a big difference between being a manager and a leader. He is supposed to be a leader now. A good leader can be disliked, but if people respect and trust that leader then they will follow that leader through good and bad. A good manager will usually be judged by dividends. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yes, I know that they say, “it’s the economy stupid.” God forbid the day that we will ever have to face a situation when our the future of our country is at stake. There are more people that most can imagine that believe in that principle and give up more comforts than most can ever conceive. This is the one concept that has always separated us from everyone else.

When the enemy is upon your doorstep, you can use use your cash for tinder.

No, but you can use Jim Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    No, but you can use Jim Mattis
    Yes you can, because that is where the rubber meets the road.
    He’s been hopping mad on the military portion. Fact