Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: U.S. Open

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    They had a pretty long bit on one of the channels this morning, golf or fox, can't remember. They the head groundskeeper crew and everybody showing their new technologies. They said a repeat of the last couldn't happen, not with the data they had. It wasn't about feel anymore it was about computers.
    It was on the Golf Channel. The CEO of the USGA (Mike Smith) and the superintendent both guaranteed it could and would not happen again. I thought it was a very bold statement considering they ultimately cannot control Mother Nature.

I just listened to Mike Smith say yesterday's weather surprised them. I guess the computers forgot to send out an alert.

Hate to see the water bill from yesterday to today at that golf course. As easy as this course is playing now they had to absolutly lay the water to it. I’ll add easy in comparison to yesterday. It’s still not easy.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 06-17-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Fox coverage sucks.

Fairways were running faster then the greens today. I’ve never seen Austin help his brother so much with reading putts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Fox coverage sucks.
    Agreed, Joe Buck should stick to baseball or football.

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

Azinger and Strange make it work
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

I have never had a problem with Fox's coverage, but this year was terrible. Azinger was terrible yesterday. He was good today. I like that Fox shows the shot tracer a lot more than NBC. I think that is what will hold the casual fan's attention.

I went to high school with Austin. He's a cool guy, but he's only there to carry Dustin's clubs. I think he's gotten better as a caddie, but he's not calling Dustin off a club at any point during a round.

If Dustin wasn't going to win it, I would have picked Koepka. It's hard to imagine him as a multi-major winner. He doesn't ever seem to grab your attention like Spieth or Rory, but he just knows how to win the US Open.

I think the USGA just about de-legitimized the whole tournament yesterday. It went from the course vs. the players, to the players vs. each other today.

The best golfer won the day. Patrick Reed might be the best golfer on tour besides DJ. His natural skill is unbelievable. I love watching him play.

Holly Saunders has helped her plastic surgeon retire 10 years early with all the work she’s had done since leaving the Golf Channel.
    Last edited by Tigerbdog; 06-17-2018 at 08:29 PM.

I feel the same about Brooks. I mean he's confident, he has it. It feels like he's just snuck up into the top, but he hasn't

I know a guy who played at Augusta State. He knows Reed well enough and says Reed is “a deplorable human being.” He says Reed cheated during practice rounds at UGA even though Reed was already good enough to be one of the top five. He went on to say Reed did some awful stuff at Augusta St., including stealing money from his teammates in the locker room while they were practicing.

Fleetwood was on fire today. He really seems to be coming into his own. Watch out for that guy going forward.
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Quote Originally Posted by Featherduster View Post
    Fleetwood was on fire today. He really seems to be coming into his own. Watch out for that guy going forward.
    In 12 starts in Majors he has finished in the top 10, 11 times. Incredible.

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    I know a guy who played at Augusta State. He knows Reed well enough and says Reed is “a deplorable human being.” He says Reed cheated during practice rounds at UGA even though Reed was already good enough to be one of the top five. He went on to say Reed did some awful stuff at Augusta St., including stealing money from his teammates in the locker room while they were practicing.
    I tried to explain this to some of these dumb fucks during the Masters but they were riding the bandwagon harder than Holly Sonders used to ride Steve Marino. I can’t root for somebody because they’re “tough” and “really good” if I know they’re a first class shithead.
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by joeydpga View Post
    In 12 starts in Majors he has finished in the top 10, 11 times. Incredible.

Wish he was an American

I like Koepka’s style and ease of the moment. Reminds me of a young couples in the mental stretch and with poise
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Tommy has really turned it up over the past two years. When I go through my phases of not sleeping I'm up watching the European tour.

Boom Boom shout out

Same here PP
    Last edited by Highstrung; 06-17-2018 at 09:27 PM.

I can’t pull for reed

I’m playing in the am. Alittle 4 ball but excited after watching the open
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

I might hit a few tomorrow, but my boy and I are playing Tuesday. I feel like I need to lay off for a few days. I'm kinda enjoying the game again

Have fun G