Thread: Jocassee

Default Jocassee

Havent been in several years, thinking about heading that way one day this week. Anybody have a recent report on how the bass fishing has been?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

A guy I know put up a picture last week of 3-4 pound largemouths, smallmouths, and spots hanging off about all his fingers if that's any help.

Was at the dam/hydro area Thursday with work and saw a few fish schooling busting top in the rain. Didn't get to wet a line though. A few trucks and boats at the park ramp.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

We are camping devils fork in August and taking the boat. Never been. Hows the bream bite up there? Might want a fish fry one night.

Found a few. All in the 2-4 pound range. Water clarity was horrible for jocassee standards. Only 4-5' visibility.

Attempt 2

Looks like a great time. I would think the water clarity probably helped. Had more than a few nice fish follow out to within sight of the boat then drift back under the laurel limbs.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles